Vent Thread

ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@Anonymous #FAE7  
I understand if they change them in some way to appeal to a fetish, because (usually) that’s not going to be present in canon. As irritating as it is, I even think Tranxie falls under that. I don’t understand why people use a character only to completely change their personality and situation. Like, why bother? Just write something original if you’re essentially reusing names at that point.

@Dex Stewart  
I kind of want to see this.
Posted Report
IvanSatoru
Artist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Angle-Considerer
@ponypony221  
I read a fanfic a while ago. I was getting somewhat into it but at about one third into the story one of the main characters is revealed to be a dyke. Many such cases!
Posted Report
Twiface
A toast - Incredibly based

Princess of Shitposting
Trixie is actually a hilarious representation of the transgender community: she’s loud, obnoxious, narcissistic, her entire life (career/special talent/niche in society) revolves around deception, spends a lot of time around two young colts (one of which is also frequently portrayed as trans as well), and is best friends with the show’s designated communist. Despite being every negative stereotype about trannies all rolled into one, they insist on embracing her.

@IvanSatoru  
Was this main character a canon character or an OC?

I suppose in a fandom like this it’s not surprising for characters to be lesbos, but it’s definitely very jarring if it isn’t revealed up front.

(eg. Fallout Equestria straight up tells you in the first chapter so the Littlepip x Homage stuff later on is annoying but not a surprise, whereas Ready Player One where one of the main characters is revealed to be a black lesbian near the end of the book with zero foreshadowing and the author just expects you to accept it.)
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@Twiface  
The show treated Trixie horribly. All she wanted was to do her job entertaining people and some damn fools had to get all jelly and ruin her entire life and were rewarded for it.

“Oh noes! The traveling entertainer is putting on a show for everyone. Let’s act totally cereal, destroy her house, almost kill the entire town, and then run her out of what remains of the town, and then REWARD the people responsible for the unnatural disaster.”

And what’s worse is the writers took Trixie’s act cereal as well and turned her character into a 24/7 asshole, just like they ruined every character over the course of the series.
Posted Report
ANoobis
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@UrbanMysticDee  
Whenever I pointed out that Trixie was a victim in that episode, I didn’t get a counterargument. I would get something along the lines of “here comes the Trixie defenders”. The real problem is that Snips and Snails are actual, clinical retards.

She wasn’t being an asshole, either. For performers, squashing hecklers is a necessary skill. They can derail your livelihood.
Anonymous #096C
the only evidence for trixie being trans is that she tried to kill herself that one time
Posted Report
Adán Druego
Artist -

@Anonymous #096C  
…dude.

You’re right and that was only after she thought she’d ruined her chances of befriending the communist pony. And she couldn’t even do it quietly like most people might have, instead she was going to force every pony in the crowd to participate in a way by watching.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Google is so fucking useless.

Looked up tarlight

Did you mean “starlight?”

No, so I put it in quotes

Did you mean “$tarlight?”

No, so I put -$

Right, “$tarlight”, here’s your results.
Posted Report
Adán Druego
Artist -

@ponypony221  
It’s a zebra oc that’s just a Starlight Glimmer recolor with ugly stripes added and/or the black humanization of said oc.

Whitewashing = Making It White  
Tarring/Tarwashing = Making It Black
Posted Report
DvneT

Derpibooru Ref-cute-gee
@Twiface  
Lel, I never thought about it that way honestly. The fact they do it anyway is still a shame. They really will latch onto anything that could even slightly be construed as “representation” or “support” for them.

’Hey, did you know that Trixie was originally designed as a stallion? Did you guys know that?” straight to -> “Omg Trixie is trans!!! Trixie says trans rights!!!”
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide