Useless Facts

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
Elon “Musky” Musk is now the richest man in the world, assuming the rumors of Putin having $300 billion are true, in which case he isn’t.

I’ve always thought Musky was ridiculously overrated. He dug a tunnel, at considerable cost, and put green lights in it and everyone thinks he’s a genius.

The engines on his rocket are ex-Soviet surplus (that US engineers still can’t reverse engineer) and the tail-landing mechanism was developed by NASA almost 40 years ago and abandoned because it was not practicable, but Musky took two decades old technologies and put them together and now everyone thinks he’s a genius.

He also made a car that is totally ruined and has to be rebuilt from scratch if you let the battery charge drop to 0, but everyone thinks he’s a genius.
ArchiveAnon
Rampant Squirrel - A ferocious friend
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Donor | Gabby - Best Birbcat, don't @ me
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (unintended savior)

Senior Moderator
Everything Stays
The engines on his rocket are ex-Soviet surplus

Wut? The Merlin engine was developed by SpaceX, as well as the Raptor engine. ULA has been using the RD-180s, which is what I imagine you are thinking of.

Musky took two decades old technologies and put them together and now everyone thinks he’s a genius.

I mean, he did kinda found the company that made technology previously thought to be completely impractical, if not impossible, and turn it in to a functioning method of space travel at virtually unheard of low costs. I feel like that deserves some credit somewhere, but obviously the engineers he hired did most of the work.

made a car that is totally ruined and has to be rebuilt from scratch if you let the battery charge drop to 0

That uhh… That’s all EVs though. Letting a battery drain entirely will damage it. Same goes for the ones in your phone even, though the damage likely won’t be as severe and you also probably won’t care as much about a $40 battery repalcement.
TheGamerPainter
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Pizza Protogen
If there’s a unused scene of Cozy Glow successfully killing Starlight Glimmer but the magic still works I want to see a screenshot of this happening.

She’s also uses Golly a lot.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
The greatest number of bee stings sustained by any surviving human subject is 2,443 by Johannes Relleke at the Kamativi tin mine, Gwaii River, Wankie District, Zimbabwe (then Rhodesia) on 28 January 1962. All the stings were removed and counted.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Richie Ramone,one of the drummers for the Ramones had a bizzarre biological anomaly that caused his sweat glands to lack odor.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Saudi Arabia is so far in the closet that they’re in Narnia. Even though homosexuality is illegal all the men in the country have male concubines.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
The concept of a monster comes from the Greek Teras (I’m not sure if this is related to the Latin Terror, which means terror, it’s unchanged in English). The concept was the same in Greece and Rome and at its core referred to a deformed human.

This doesn’t fit well with the modern PC culture, which simultaneously sees disease as not existing and also as being superior to health, but even the most PC person is a hypocrite, because the truth is not so benign. The human brain is hardwired to be repulsed by physical deformity. It’s a survival mechanism to avoid the possibility of being infected by the other person.

That’s why there are loads of monsters that look just a little off from normal. Zombies are so frightening because it’s a corpse, which is frightening enough, but it does the one thing that corpses are not supposed to do: it moves! It’s a break from reality that sets off ancient circuits in the brain.

What’s more frightening? What will haunt your nightmares more: someone who is 15 feet tall with nine heads and bat wings, a cheeta’s tail, a shark fin, and pigs feet, or an otherwise normal person with 100 teeth growing on their face? If you’re being honest it’s the second one that’s more terrifying. Subconsciously you know that the second one is something that can really exist, and you know there’s a chance it can happen to you, however small, and that’s really fucking scary.

And that’s what led to the idea of monsters.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@UrbanMysticDee  
I’m pretty sure the concept of a monster goes as far back as our earliest ancestors’ dreams. They may have seen a silouette of something unknown,and their imagination fills in the rest. Or they heard an unusual sound,what could have made that sound?  
Also your “monsters look a little off from normal” reminded me of this.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
29% of the Burj Khalifa’s height is an empty spire at the top. The building narrows so aggressively as it goes up that almost a third of it is unusable because it’s too narrow.

@Dex Stewart  
We can’t know that.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@UrbanMysticDee  
cute  
/kyo͞ot/

adjective  
    attractive in a pretty or endearing way.  
    “a cute kitten”

INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN  
    clever or cunning, especially in a self-seeking or superficial way.  
    “I don’t want to be cute with you”

They both qualify as cute.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide