Viewing last 25 versions of post by TheBridge in topic Useless Facts

TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I know NOTHING
NTFS file systems is proprietary of Microsoft and the attempts to reverse engineer and get utilities working under Linux still haven't fully replaced chkdsk and Microsoft licensed recovery disks if you can't easily mount the disk in another computer with Windows installed. Let's just say I found this out from... personal experience recently.

"

[
@Twiface":](/forums/dis/topics/useless-facts?post_id=70141#post_70141
)  
Two more useless facts to add on.

As typical of newer mediums, "[the First Amendment was only formally ruled apply to video games tilln 2005":](https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/video-games-given-full-first-amendment-protection) Though by that point the principle technically existed for other mediums.

New Zealand still has censorship authorities, though rarely employed to the fullest degree, I believe it is the the only censorship authority in the Western world that is still fully aware of its mission and "[justifying itself with stuff fully with the need for censorship/restrictionon":](https://teara.govt.nz/en/censorship/page-1) some level over focusing solely on special exceptions (hate speech, pizzagate stuff):
[bq] 

>
The New Zealand police have the power to enforce the Films, Videos and Publications Classifications Act 1993. All police have the official role of ‘inspectors of publications’. Publications include books, DVDs, posters, music recordings, photos, paintings, T-shirts and computer files.

>
> *
*The Censorship Compliance Unit of the Department of Internal Affairs** investigates public complaints, monitors compliance with classification decisions and seizes potentially objectionable publications.

>
>
The New Zealand Customs Service aims to prevent objectionable publications being imported into New Zealand. Travellers or importers are required to declare any publications they are bringing into the country that may be considered objectionable.[/bq]
No reason given
Edited by TheBridge
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I know NOTHING
NTFS file systems is proprietary of Microsoft and the attempts to reverse engineer and get utilities working under Linux still haven't fully replaced chkdsk and Microsoft licensed recovery disks if you can't easily mount the disk in another computer with Windows installed. Let's just say I found this out from... personal experience recently.

"@Twiface":/forums/dis/topics/useless-facts?post_id=70141#post_70141
Two more useless facts to add on.

As typical of newer mediums, "the First Amendment was formally ruled apply to video games till 2005":https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/video-games-given-full-first-amendment-protection Though by that point the principle technically existed.

New Zealand still has censorship authorities, though rarely employed to the fullest degree, I believe it is the the only censorship authority in the Western world that is still fully aware of its mission and "justifying itself with stuff fully with the need for censorship/restrictionon":https://teara.govt.nz/en/censorship/page-1 some level over focusing solely on special exceptions (hate speech, pizzagate stuff):
[bq]The New Zealand police have the power to enforce the Films, Videos and Publications Classifications Act 1993. All police have the official role of ‘inspectors of publications’. Publications include books, DVDs, posters, music recordings, photos, paintings, T-shirts and computer files.

*The Censorship Compliance Unit of the Department of Internal Affairs* investigates public complaints, monitors compliance with classification decisions and seizes potentially objectionable publications.

The New Zealand Customs Service aims to prevent objectionable publications being imported into New Zealand. Travellers or importers are required to declare any publications they are bringing into the country that may be considered objectionable.[/bq]
No reason given
Edited by TheBridge