Things you used to believe in in your younger days that you don't anymore for whatever reason

Anonymous #689C
I used to believe women deserve to have rights and respect and that at least some of them weren’t completely useless and that they weren’t all evil narcissistic, sadistic two year olds stuck in adult bodies who society has retardedly given way too much power, and that they all didn’t deserve to be hated.

Sounds like someone is deeply bitter. Yes, there are women who are narcissistic sadistic, and in some cases, downright egotistical. Such abrupt blanket-terming is not going to solve anything. Sex is not a personality trait in any way, shape or form, though there are some real differences in behavioral tendencies between males and females. I really don’t think Women having the same amount of rights is the core of the problem. Its the attitude, disposition, and general behavior. As if being an overgrown infant or toddler is exclusive to women. But hey, its your life, be a damn sour grape and stick in the mud all you want.
Anonymous #689C
I used to believe that Santa was an Inuit for some time back when I was a young boy.
Zaknel
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ezekiel 33:11
I used to believe that the president was like a christmas box with wrapping, since president sounded like present.
Anonymous #689C
I used to believe that Obama was a decent President back in late middle school-Early High School. Damn, did way over half of the mainstream media, especially broadcast outlets, go soft on his misdeeds, ditto for Hillary Clinton’s crimes.  
I also used to believe that Alex Jones was a truly honest man for a time. While better than CNN, MSNBC, Salon, Mashable, and also BBC in a number of ways, Mr Alex Jones never overtly brought up 9/11 and the part that Israel had in 9/11, nor did he bring up, let alone demand Israel to acknowledge the deliberate attack on the USS Liberty in 1967.
Anonymous #689C
I used to believe that you could put blood lost from a bleeding orifice back into you body safe and sound by drinking the outgoing blood.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
When I was a kid, NASA was projecting a Mars landing in the year 2013. I grew up expecting that to pan out.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
When I was a kid, international commerce was misrepresented to me as being on the gold standard. And that it all happened with Switzerland acting as the world’s middleman.
Absol95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

#PSvitaNation
For some time back when I was younger, I used to think that it was natural for most humans to at least show some kind of aversion towards reptiles.
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
I used to believe that it is annoying when my internet connection goes down.

Now, it feels somewhat liberating. Partly because it doesn’t happen as often, partly because the internet sucks more every year.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide