The Nerd Thread (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Comics, Games, Collectibles, Lore, etc.)

Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
This dude is a character from Power Rangers Ninja Storm. He's the head teacher of a secret ninja school. I always thought his name was Amano.
Amano is a real Japanese name, after all. It turns out his name is actually "Omino".

"Omino" isn't a name in Japan or anywhere, from what I can find. There's companies named that, but no people.
Did whoever was writing the end credits not know how the name was supposed to be spelled? Or was this actually how the writers intended his name to be spelled?
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Ezra Miller plead guilty to trespassing in order to have the burglary and larceny charges dropped. All he's getting is probation and a suspended sentence.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@ponypony221
It's also a family name, so in context it makes sense. The characters refer to him only as "Sensei Amano", so it's the equivalent to a last name over here, to the primarily western audience they were writing for.
This has all been very fascinating.
I love finding dumb little rabbit holes to go down.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Simon Pegg is being mobbed for having a role in Hogwarts Legacy. I guess that explains why he was fishing for brownie points recently. He should know by now that there's no such thing as currying favor with these people.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Here's the latest leak from WotC. The D&D Beyond service was already going to get worse before this, with previous editions being vaulted and whatnot. But now we have such gems as tiered subscriptions up to $30 per month, complete with pay-to-win mechanics based on sub tier, AI dms to compensate for plummeting availability as more people leave for other systems, and homebrew being paywalled behind the highest subscription tiers. That last one threw me for a minute, but then I remembered that as of OGL 1.1, everything you imagine becomes WotC's IP as soon as you think it up. According to that framework, at lower payment tiers, you haven't leased the right to use what they consider to be their property.

Those AIs are also doubtless going to act as an automated wrongthink detection system. One D&D has agenda at the forefront of its design, so players are going to be dealing with a more retarded version of YouTube's content ID system monitoring them for ist and phobe flags.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

it's okay guys, I'm gone
@ANoobis
Well great, guess we'll all have to migrate over to playing L5R…or the Pony RPG.

Actually why weren't we already moving to that second one? :P
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The D&D situation is over. WotC has reinstated OGL 1.0a and has gone so far as to make SRD 5.1, the ruleset 5e is based on, Creative Commons. 5e practically isn't even owned by them anymore after this move. I'd be surprised if we hear about OneD&D for a while, since it was so wrapped up in OGL 1.1's morality clause.

Also, Hasbro announced that they're laying off 1,000 employees today.
ponypony221

Excessively based homo
@ANoobis
Hopefully someone in those 1000 is the one who thought that BS was a good idea.

Their reputation is already trashed. I don't think anyone would ever want to develop a commercial product connected to them now.
Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~