The Nerd Thread (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Comics, Games, Collectibles, Lore, etc.)

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
John Leguizamo seems to be desperate for attention. He’s been all over the place in the last few days, calling Thanksgiving racist and Mario being white racist. How did this guy go full woke? He knows what’s going to happen when zoomers find out there were movies made before they were born.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
It’s been going around that Avatar 2 needs to make two billion globally to break even. That’s sort of true, but also really misleading. James Cameron filmed Avatar 2 and 3 simultaneously, and the budgets of both are all wrapped up in each other. Avatar 3 only needs some post-production to be finished, and if the budgets of both movies are shoved onto Avatar 2, then Avatar 3 would have a very low bar to clear to become one of the most profitable movies ever.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@ANoobis  
Disney has made hundreds of millions on merch for the first one, so that needs added in as well.

Avatar will probably be a success and they will try to use it to plaster over the other Disney failures, like Strange World.
Posted Report
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
To everyone who said to wait until we heard more to judge Chris Pratt as Mario, he still sucks. There’s once at the very end of the trailer where he kinda sounds right, and I’m not convinced it’s not a stock sound effect.  
The rest was cool.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@Dex Stewart  
Luigi sounds right. I am not sure about anyone else.

Also not liking the power girl peach saving dumb man setup they seem to have gone with. CURRENT YEAR I guess.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Peach looks off to me, and since it’s modern Hollywood, I’m betting they made her uncanny valley intentionally, because being attractive is misogynist nowadays.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@Officer Hotpants  
Not really, as long as the Blackrock/Vanguard cash keeps flowing and people keep going to their trashy parks. Businesses don’t have to make money anymore, they just need to look like they might make money one day. The issue with Disney is they are flirting with losing that image of potential.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
D&D is removing the word race from the game. Apparently, referring to non-humans as a different species is less racist to the brain trust at Wizards of the Coast. The result has been predictably mixed, with some players instantly complaining that the change doesn’t go far enough.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@ANoobis  
WotC has been woke for years now. I have no interest in their shit. The word is they killed Warhammer Fantasy because it was too problematic.
Posted Report
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide