The Nerd Thread (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Comics, Games, Collectibles, Lore, etc.)

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Dex Stewart  
I know that happened in the IDW series, but I don’t know about in this new Reitman franchise. I doubt the IDW stuff will be taken into account.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@ANoobis  
Oh, that’s where that came from. I saw that all over Twitter when people were talking about new Ghostbusters comics. I thought that was promotion for the new stuff.  
I am kinda hoping the Extreme Ghostbusters get some love. I wouldn’t even mind the Answer the Call characters returning if they did something fun with them.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
So, here’s a weird story. Someone out there had a collection of behind the scenes photos and production art for Thomas the Tank Engine. They tried to charge people 200 dollars to see it. Not to actually buy the physical photos and pictures, just to see them. Someone actually paid, and then immediately leaked all the images to Twitter.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The CW network is being sold for a whopping $0. Nexstar is acquiring a 75% controlling interest in the station, and instead of giving either Warner or CBS money, they’re taking on responsibility for the CW’s $100 million debt.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The new Thor movie currently has a 70% rating on RT and a 62 on Metacritic. It isn’t a bad score in either case, but it’s still far lower than I would expect paid critics to give an MCU tentpole. I’m surprised it’s below 80.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Zerowinger  
Gavan was the first of the Metal Heroes series, it didn’t get used for VR Troopers, but a few later series did. Spielban, Metalder, and Shaider. Later on, B-Fighter and B-Fighter:Kabuto were used in Beetleborgs.  
Gavan did eventually make it over in a horribly butchered Power Rangers Beast Morphers episode.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Batgirl is canned. Warner has elected to eat the full $90m loss rather than finish it and release it to stream. An aspect that none of the news sites are mentioning is that Batgirl ties in with The Flash, which is in limbo since Ezra Miller turned radioactive. The Flash is already filmed, and had a $200m budget. Warner can either kill it, release it on schedule, or do reshoots. Since Miller is the main character, reshoots would mean filming over again almost from scratch.

Aquaman 2 is in reshoots. Who knows how much it will finally cost by the time it’s finished. I’m not sure if it’s even possible for this one to be profitable at this point.
Zerowinger
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the bumped head

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
Batgirl is canned. Warner has elected to eat the full $90m loss rather than finish it and release it to stream. An aspect that none of the news sites are mentioning is that Batgirl ties in with The Flash, which is in limbo since Ezra Miller turned radioactive. The Flash is already filmed, and had a $200m budget. Warner can either kill it, release it on schedule, or do reshoots. Since Miller is the main character, reshoots would mean filming over again almost from scratch.

I would not be surprised if they cancel the Flash movie as well, both because of the “reset” that the Batgirl film tied to is probably being dropped but also because of Miller’s bad publicity.

One thing to remember is that from a financial perspective, WB’s new owners (Discovery) didn’t pay for any of these films, so it’s technically not a loss for them to scrap them.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Zerowinger  
I hadn’t thought of that. I had only been thinking in terms of Warner’s money. That explains why HBO Max is about to be purged. They’ve been culling projects that are almost ready for release in preparation.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide