The Nerd Thread (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Comics, Games, Collectibles, Lore, etc.)

FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Knight of Boops
@ANoobis  
Jeez, what’s going on with the shill critics lately? Has anyone else noticed they’re giving low scores to everything over the last few months or so?

I know that wokists/leftists don’t actually like watching their own woke shows, but has pandering over quality/faithful adaptation really become so bad that you can’t even pay them to pretend it’s good anymore?

Imagine being a professional grifter, attaching yourself to this movement that’s infiltrated the state like a barnacle feeding off the scraps of their cultural detritus. And then, you watching a show that’s so fucking bad that even you find it unconscionable to accept a paycheck from this.
ANoobis
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I just saw the new Spider-Man trailer. The movie looks bloated. It should probably have been two movies with everything they’re trying to stuff into it.

I thought it looked like a cookie cutter MCU movie. Even Morbius looks more interesting. I’m 100% sure that the reason they established that only the villains who died came back was so that they could avoid bringing over the previous Venom and not have to explain it.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@ANoobis  
@Dex Stewart  
Haven’t heard of it, but it’s probably better than “we have to insult men and women by focusing on feminism to distract people from the fact that our movie is shit both figuratively and literally”.

@Dex Stewart  
Downside: benadryl cucumberpatch.  
Upside: Green Goblin, Electro, Sandman, etc.
Barhandar
Artist -

@Dex Stewart  
Pretty sure you need to be an out-of-touch boomer to get it. Or it’s something idiotic like using “scooby-doo” as a verb meaning “investigate and reveal the villain in a way full of hijinks”.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The media is running with a new narrative to defend Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop. The new line is that it’s not supposed to be good. It appears that Netflix Bebop is being pushed as some dadaist fever-dream art, and if you can’t appreciate it, you just don’t get it.

I’ve never seen anyone have to twist their self into a pretzel trying to explain the appeal of the original.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
That new Resident Evil movie that I didn’t know existed came out. It made about five million dollars opening weekend.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Marvel comics has gotten so bad, I’m beginning to think it’s trying to get Disney to shut it down. Their newest big arc is an eco terrorist thing, wherein one of the ‘heroes’ goes on a murder spree, killing normal people for littering.

full  
full

There’s no hint of parody, or self-awareness. Marvel actually thinks that this is positive messaging.
Barhandar
Artist -

@ANoobis  
Don’t forget that they’re trying to push “latinx”. Nevermind that actual latinos hate that shit. Complete lack of real-world awareness, pure la-la-land of woketardery.  
Bonus: the planet is everyone’s toilet. We kinda don’t have other options.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
More Marvel insanity. Latinx is a racist slur that’s meant to colonize the Spanish language. Disney is at the front of the charge to destroy Hispanic culture. Naturally, Marvel is woke enough to double down on this genocidal project, and made an entire comic around explaining why Spanish speakers are wrong when they get offended by the label being forced on them.

full  
full

Also, the art is absolute shit. This is embarrassing.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide