The Nerd Thread (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Comics, Games, Collectibles, Lore, etc.)

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Netflix is making a flesh gait wearing the face of Cowboy Bebop, cast and crewed by people who hate the real thing and those who enjoyed it. And they just announced that the same team will be doing the One Piece “adaptation”. I thought that appropriation was supposed to be a bad thing? So why do activists get to seize control of Japanese ips and twist them to their political ends?
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Venom 2 has opened, setting a new pandemic era record. Critics are hating it and audiences are rating it highly. Sounds like it turned out surprisingly well.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The Eternals’ post-credits scene has leaked, and people are pissed. Both about the leak itself, for spoiler reasons, and for what’s in the leak. This may end up being the most divisive thing the MCU has done.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full  
I hope Dante and Randall get killed and then Elias becomes the main character.  
Then they bring back Snowball and kill him too. Then they bring them back to life at the end and then mortally wound them.  
If anyone has a problem with that and give it a low score on Rotten Tomatoes they’re just a butthurt manchild loser who can’t handle change.
Anonymous #2B80
@Dex Stewart  
I hear the giant meteor we’ve been waiting for was going to hit Earth, but it looked at us and said “lolno” and nope’d its way right out of the Solar System.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Anonymous #2B80  
We still have the old Kevin Smith stuff to watch. Who knows, maybe Clerks 3 will be good. MotU Revelation just burned me bad, so Smith unfortunately forever is tainted by it and how he acted about it.
Humble Oriathan

Wally Worshiper
I watched all of Konosuba S1 this week, amd now I have an unhealthy obsession over Kazuma being shipped with Darkness. It’s all I think about and it’s at the point where I can’t even play video games because of it.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Marvel’s Eternals reviews are coming in. Of course, it’s rated positively, but even the fresh reviews aren’t that positive. Consensus seems to be that it’s boring. The subtext I’m picking up is that even mainstream reviewers think the movie is up its own ass.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The new Halloween movie is being called homophobic, and Dune is being attacked as a “white savior” story. We live in a blessed time if this is what people have to reach for to find something to be victimized by.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The Eternals is now rotten on RT. The usual media outlets are blaming it on people not liking diversity. Meanwhile, the movie is being attacked by SJW’s as homophobic for making the only gay Eternal partly responsible for Hiroshima.
Anonymous #2B80
I was once very, very enthusiastic about science fiction as a literary genre, but this kind of thing makes just about anything written after about 1990 utterly unreadable for me.

When SJWs attacked Harlan Ellison just before his death for daring to show insufficient enthusiasm for the Stalin-style PC literary censorship board that SWFA proposed, all I could do was stare. For those who don’t know, Harlan Ellison was the Boomers’ favorite bad-boy Leftist skiffy author… and HE gagged on what the SWFA tried to cram down the throats of their members and the fans about five years back. He lacked sufficient Revolutionary Zeal, it seems, and was past eighty when the Me-Too campaign against him kicked into high gear. He did not live long enough for it to really get going, perhaps fortunately.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
For some reason, Twitter is angry that Chris Pratt is going to be voicing Garfield. I just can’t see any reason for an upset response over this. Maybe ‘meh’ at the very worst.

For what it’s worth, I think Nolan North would be a fantastic Garfield voice. He could evoke Lorenzo Music without having to copy Lorenzo’s performance.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I guess that High Guardian Spice thing came out. This is all I’ve seen about it. And a lot of the comments on this video are saying that the show steals assets, so I imagine that will dominate the coverage.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
If anyone here liked Squid Game, or watched it and thought it could be better, you should check out Kaiji. It’s the manga series that inspired Squid Game. The first two stories have anime adaptations.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Cowboy Bebop is out, and it’s going over worse than I expected. Not even the critics are liking it.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide