Viewing last 25 versions of post by GarbageHorse in topic The Anti-Echo Chamber Thread

GarbageHorse

Aspiring Kyle
I mean, I don't know what will be said that hasn't already been heard. The issue isn't echo chambers in the sense you don't ever have your opinion challenged, or don't hear ideas that go against your opinion. The issue is that enough people support your opinion you can write off everyone else. That is especially important when your faction is pulling crap that alienates even their own side.

Most people base their opinions solely upon the opinions of those around them. See: the Overton Window. It's why so many people identify as "centrist" or "moderate" despite the fact such statements are literally meaningless wall-sitting. It's why people continue to support public figures that say one thing and do another.

The majority of people are unwilling or unable to look beyond what they are told by "authority," even if the authority is clearly lying. The media, the schools, blue checkmarks, politicians, "experts" like Fauci, so on. The appeal to authority is very powerful and that is used heavily. That's why deplatforming is so important. Deplatforming strips authority. If you can fire any professor that says a man can't become a woman, then every professor now agrees a man can become a woman, and that becomes unassailable scientific consensus.

Add into that all the infiltrating, false flags, shilling, legitimate morons, censorship, and everything else the internet has allowed bad actors to trick the normies with, and you have a situation where no one will ever accept the truth, even if you undeniably prove it to them with hard facts.

Besides, I don't think I am allowed to talk about the bagels.
No reason given
Edited by GarbageHorse
GarbageHorse

Aspiring Kyle
I mean, I don't know what will be said that hasn't already been heard. The issue isn't echo chambers in the sense you don't ever have your opinion challenged, or don't hear ideas that go against your opinion. The issue is that enough people support your opinion you can write off everyone else. That is especially important when your faction is pulling crap that alienates even their own side.

The majority of people are unwilling or unable to look beyond what they are told by "authority," even if the authority is clearly lying. The media, the schools, blue checkmarks, politicians, "experts" like Fauci, so on. The appeal to authority is very powerful and that is used heavily. That's why deplatforming is so important. Deplatforming strips authority. If you can fire any professor that says a man can't become a woman, then every professor now agree a man can become a woman, and that becomes unassailable scientific consensus.

Add into that all the infiltrating, false flags, shilling, legitimate morons, censorship, and everything else the internet has allowed bad actors to trick the normies with, and you have a situation where no one will ever accept the truth, even if you undeniably prove it to them with hard facts.

Besides, I don't think I am allowed to talk about the bagels.
No reason given
Edited by GarbageHorse