Star Wars

Acres
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based (but on what?)
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Donor | Applejack - Wait, this isn't Lyra's...
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Renowned Sound)

I know it’s not the greatest movie, but the duel of fates score should go down as of the the greatest battle scores of all time.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
My favorite Star Wars is “The Star Wars”, the unfilmed rough draft of Episode IV. It’s really different from anything else in the series, even though a lot of the familiar trappings are there.

It was adapted in the form of a comic miniseries.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@ANoobis  
Fascinating to wonder what could have been.full  
And also I found this cool picture of Gorak from the Ewok movie while looking for the other picture.  
full
Anonymous #A0BF
I have read the claim that George Lucas originally wanted to make a Flash Gordon movie but couldn’t afford the rights, and that Star Wars is an adaptation of that script. Luke is Flash. Leia is Dale. Darth Vader is Ming the Merciless. And so on. I’m not sure I believe it, but it seems sort of semi-plausible to me.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Anonymous #A0BF  
I’ve never heard that. I know that he’s cited Flash Gordon and other such serials as his inspiration, which is why the original was called episode 4 even back when the title was still just Star Wars.
Anonymous #A0BF
@ANoobis  
What if Dino de Laurentis had made Star Wars and George Lucas had made Flash Gordon? You are now imagining BRIAN BLESSED as Han Solo and Alec Guinness as Dr. Zarkov.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
It’s been pointed out that there’s very little creativity in the alien designs in the Disney series. There used to be diversity in Star Wars’ aliens. Now they’re all wrinkly ballsacks with squinty eyes and either earth tone or cobalt skin.

full
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
My favorite shitty alien design from Disney is their laziest one. They took Lucas’ Ithorian

full

and added an Annoying Orange mouth to create their donut steel alien, the Ottegan.

full
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@ANoobis  
I actually haven’t noticed this… Interesting. On it’s face, I suppose it is a downgrade from the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy even when taking into account the criticisms that have been leveled at them (most criticism of the OT I have seen was the lack/reduction of most aliens as window dressing as opposed the “too much CGI” with the prequels).

@Dex Stewart  
Wasn’t it being bankrolled from Ben Shapiro? Honestly, something falling through involving that wouldn’t surprise me.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Dex Stewart  
Oh wow, this was a official Star Wars work I suppose one could take this very seriously, as in, a strong critique of the spread of European values and colonialism, or the humorously with the juxtaposition of that type of “guy” giving that treatment to the Evokes. My first thought was that it was a modern political comic using Star Wars commentary to lampoon the rich white male and the west spreading and exploiting native cultures… which it is, though considering the year, 2005, and the fact that it was a officially licensed Star Wars work. I imagine the humorous side of it was meant to shine through a bit more then what we see in today’s modern political would.

Today such a comic would be mere cannon fodder today for SJWs using it to say “see, look, Star Wars was always anti-right!” and for the right leaning and some simply anti-SJW elements to denounce and attack it all the same as not true Star Wars. There is a lot I could read into it with a modern context and I’ll admit seeing something like this tires me now for stuff like this are often accompanied and informed by a world view that is more destructive then not. It should be judged though in it’s time and I know nothing of the politics or fan reaction. I imagine it was far less divisive (if any reaction at all) as today for at the time such a critique would be taken at worse to be a critique of the modern conservative moment and colonialism uncoupled from the now popular notions against such things as objectivity itself being a white and therefore bad concept. So, if it didn’t have such underpinnings like that I can at least take it somewhat legit and find some humor in it. I at least enjoyed the Ewokes sabotaging his ship under his nose!
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheBridge  
I just liked that the name “lurdo” was an Ewok expletive that came from Caravan Of Courage.  
I never really thought about any political undertones. This was a pretty brilliant comic. I miss Star Wars Tales.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Dex Stewart  
>I never really thought about any political undertones.  
Now it would probably be taken and ran with to the point of not seeing any of the fun in it. I would rather focus on the funner side myself for this thread. I was just explaining how I first saw it and why.

>I just liked that the name “lurdo” was an Ewok expletive that came from Caravan Of Courage.  
Never seen the movie in full. Wow, that is neat!

>This was a pretty brilliant comic. I miss Star Wars Tales.  
It was fun to have a bunch of little different stories that both have freedom to be creative while also being expanding on things sometimes, even if a lot of it was non canon. C’mon, they said some of this was questionable or non canon but put JEDI PRICE in?
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide