Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I know NOTHING
"[@Dex Stewart":](/forums/dis/topics/star-wars?post_id=55420#post_55420
"
)  
[
Oh wow, this was a official Star Wars work":](https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/What_They_Called_Me) I suppose one could take this very seriously, as in, a strong critique of the spread of European values and colonialism, or the humorously with the juxtaposition of that type of "guy" giving that treatment to the Evokes. My first thought was that it was a modern political comic using Star Wars commentary to lampoon the rich white male and the west spreading and exploiting native cultures... which it is, though considering the year, 2005, and the fact that it was a officially licensed Star Wars work.

I imagine the humorous side of it was meant to shine through a bit more then what we see in today's modern political would.

Today such a comic would be mere cannon fodder today for SJWs using it to say "see, look, Star Wars was always anti-right!" and for the right leaning and some simply anti-SJW elements to denounce and attack it all the same as not true Star Wars. There is a lot I could read into it with a modern context and I'll admit seeing something like this tires me now for stuff like this are often accompanied and informed by a world view that is more destructive then not. It should be judged though in it's time and I know nothing of the politics or fan reaction. I imagine it was far less divisive (if any reaction at all) as today for at the time such a critique would be taken at worse to be a critique of the modern conservative moment and colonialism uncoupled from the now popular notions against such things as objectivity itself being a white and therefore bad concept. So, _*if_* it didn't have such underpinnings like that I can at least take it somewhat legit and find some humor in it. I at least enjoyed the Ewokes sabotaging his ship under his nose!
No reason given
Edited by TheBridge
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I know NOTHING
"@Dex Stewart":/forums/dis/topics/star-wars?post_id=55420#post_55420
"Oh wow, this was a official Star Wars work":https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/What_They_Called_Me I suppose one could take this very seriously, as in, a strong critique of the spread of European values and colonialism, or the humorously with the juxtaposition of that type of "guy" giving that treatment to the Evokes. My first thought was that it was a modern political comic using Star Wars commentary to lampoon the rich white male and the west spreading and exploiting native cultures... which it is, though considering the year, 2005, and the fact that it was a officially licensed Star Wars work.

I imagine the humorous side of it was meant to shine through a bit more then what we see in today's modern political would. Today such a comic would be mere cannon fodder today for SJWs using it to say "see, look, Star Wars was always anti-right!" and for the right leaning and some simply anti-SJW elements to denounce and attack it all the same as not true Star Wars. There is a lot I could read into it with a modern context and I'll admit seeing something like this tires me now for stuff like this are often accompanied and informed by a world view that is more destructive then not. It should be judged though in it's time and I know nothing of the politics or fan reaction. I imagine it was far less divisive (if any reaction at all) as today for at the time such a critique would be taken at worse to be a critique of the modern conservative moment and colonialism uncoupled from the now popular notions against such things as objectivity itself being a white and therefore bad concept. So, _if_ it didn't have such underpinnings like that I can at least take it somewhat legit and find some humor in it. I at least enjoyed the Ewokes sabotaging his ship under his nose!
No reason given
Edited by TheBridge