Spoonfeed me on the drama I've missed.

ponusdelight

I had terminal cancer and was away for a little while. And suddenly there was alot of neat alts everywhere.  
I understand that derpibooru became an Orwellian BLM supporter and caused a schism. But as I peered through their forums they’ve apparently backpedalled on it?  
So can somenigger spoonfeed me on this drama? The results and the lasting consequences etc. How shit went down and why? tyty
Anonymous #A08D
Crap there’s a lot to remember here.

It started at the end of May last year along side the BLM protests. The mods came down on images criticizing the movement and people mass-downvoting pro-BLM images, forcing filters on people mass-downvoting without telling them they were doing it and shadow-banning people.

That stoked the flames but the real shit storm came towards the end of June. Suddenly they put in a blanket ban on nazi content and for a lot of artist’s that was the last straw. Dozens of artists banned together to put themselves on the DNP List in protest, it came out just how little transparency the mods had with their dealings and the fact that almost all of them had secondary accounts that weren’t listed as staff but still had full moderator tools enabled, and a whole bunch more shit that I’m probably forgetting.

The stance was temporarily reversed and a new site admin was named only for one of the other admis to completely undermine them, re-institute the ban on nazi imagery mere hours later and then give the new head admin the boot immediately.

A lot of shit went down after that and it all gets hazy for me in terms of order of events. The private Derpi Discord chat got leaked and we all saw a lot of unflattering shit they’d been talking behind the user’s backs, the amount of scheming some favorite users had been up to during the whole event to undermine the anti-censorship group, we found out that the Mystery Badge was a secret badge for mods to monitor users they either knew or suspected of being 4chan users. We found out just how crazy the site’s owner, TSP/Teaspoon/TheSmilingPony is.

At some point the nazi ban was fully reversed but they also swore to re-evaluate how they’d been enforcing rule 0 and make sure that no nazi images were in violation of that in terms of hate images. We all agree their definitions are still too loose for anyone outside the Derpi mods to understand. To what credit I can give them, when the topic of banning nazis was raised again after the January Insurrection and again a few weeks ago when a neo-nazi MLP fan shot up his work place made headlines the mods didn’t try and use it as an excuse to ban them full stop, so there’s that at least.

During the reversal a bunch more artists who wanted all nazi images banned went full DNP and had all of their stuff removed from Derpi including a lot of people who hadn’t used the site in years, hadn’t used it before, or left the fandom some time ago.

The Alt boorus started cropping up around the end of June, beginning of July with a focus on preservation, archival and mod transparency.

I don’t know that much has happened since August last year. We’ve had people jumping between boorus, there’s been a lot of concern that the Derpi mods would eventually merge Derpi with their new furry-focused booru that already had a no nazi images policy from the get go but that still hasn’t happened, and said furry-focused booru has been struggling to carve out a niche for itself in an already saturated fandom.

There was also attempts by the pro-censorship side to get Derpi’s patreon suspended when they walked back the anti-nazi policy, I think the Twitter crowd attempted to report them to the FBI or some shit to get them taken down, that same crowd made several similar attempts against Ponybooru, I don’t know if they’re still trying or not.

Several 4chan artists put together one of the most successful artpacks to date and the money raised from it went to saving a rescue horse, the Twitter crowd desperately tried to get it deplatformed, they failed but they did force it to switch hosts a few times.

The whole ban on nazis was revealed to be pointless anyway, several people crunched the data and found the amount of images with nazi’s, swastikas, or oc:aryanne had been dropping significantly over time even accounting for the fandom’s shrinkage. The controversy actually caused all those numbers to spike again temporarily.

And that’s everything I can remember. Derpi’s still a good place if you liked it before, but we’re now all aware that the mods might be holding the sword of Damocles over our heads at all times and they’re still not applying the rules very fairly or evenly for images removed under rule 0 or 3. They’re still playing favorites by letting certain users who are friendly with the mods get away with shit they should be getting penalized for. At least we have life boats in the form of the alt boorus if anything goes down.

Sorry if I’m forgetting anything. It’s been awhile since I had to sum things up and there’s a lot to remember and it got a little difficult to keep it all straight with the usual game of telephone this info has gone through.

I still don’t even get why they went after nazi stuff from the start. I don’t remember their being any significant neo-nazi presence or anything with the BLM protests. Seems pretty fucking random to me.
Anonymous #D9D5
@Anonymous #A08D  
Man what a shit show. Thanx for enlightening me babe.  
However, there are several things that I have a hard time wrapping my dick around.  
Like what prompted the reversal of the ban? (I couldn’t find any admin forum post about the change on derpi) Or, why are people still using the site if the admins were exposed for targeting users? I mean did the gaslighting staff get b&? Or are they still operating? If so why give the nepotistic fags any trust? Shit doesn’t make any sense to me. Bootlickers galore kek.  
I was to busy archiving pastebin at the time so I kinda missed out on the drama. Feels like the flames ended in embers without any real conclusion to me.
GuiltyGrimoire
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Level 26
One thing you are forgetting is that the BLM (and ACAB which was also posted) was put up by wootmaster. After the mass downvoting and debates he ran to theatlantic to tell them that bronies had a huge ‘nazi problem’. Theatlantic made their article and Derpi freaked out, at first it seemed to be because ‘Hasbro will try and shut us down’ but their true colours were revealed, as explained above.
Anonymous #A08D
@GuiltyGrimoire  
Oh yeah, somehow I totally forgot about that smear article. I didn’t forget about literally who, I just didn’t think it was worth mentioning that fool.
Anonymous #D9D5
After having looked into it more I must say it all feels like a “Go Woke, Go Broke” moment of sorts. All I can really hope for is that derpibooru actually lost enough donations/traffic from it all to suffer somewhat. Otherwise they’ll never learn. Was fun reading up on.
Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!

Some douche decided that because Aryanne exists,and some Bronies don’t have any issue with a sometimes satirical,sometimes edgy oc who is a Nazi,we must ALL BE NAZIS.  
The article was poorly researched (as in,not at all),and if this dumb claim was argued in the comments or on the Derpi forums,you’d be called a Nazi,and speaking up would get you banned. Jokes weren’t allowed either,as this is clearly a serious situation.  
Derpi panicked and banned Aryanne images,then went back and changed their policies. They also tend to flip flop more than usual. When Aryanne was safe to upload again,I got permission from an original artist to reupload their deleted picture. They agreed,and Derpi took it down because dnp.  
This video goes into things a bit.  
A bunch of artists put in dnps,and didn’t want to associate with a site that “allowed Nazis”. Then they all went and drew furry Loli shota stuff on inkbunny. Probably not all of them,but quite a few who had no problem drawing things that would be deplorable in reality.
Anonymous #EE06
What everybody else said, plus the SJW mods started censoring politically incorrect comments on images. The Woke Mafia appears to have successfully hounded a number of artists off the site via targeted harassment. I don’t know any of them personally and I don’t speak for any of them. I may have some details wrong, but I am pretty sure Anontheanon and 2merr left Derpibooru and don’t post anything there any more. I think MKogwheel has pretty much stopped posting new content at Derpibooru too. If they are reading this, and I am wrong, I welcome correction. And I think they were not the only ones.

If Wootmaster and TSP were trying to demolish their own community they could not have done a better job. SJWs are spiteful, self-hating, self-destructive manchildren with Daddy Issues and Vox Day was right about them. I’ve spent the past year watching them cut off their proverbial noses to spite their faces at Derpibooru.

These same people have not the slightest problem with foalcon and pony lolicon, even explicit. They have not the slightest problem with the most nauseating, horrifying, disgusting guro and snuff. Rape, diaper fetish, feces play, watersports, explicit pedo stuff with ponies, mmm mmm good! They are working as hard as they can to normalize all these things. Mouthpiece “art” that is just copied and pasted art someone else created, reciting all the PC BLM and Tranny Pride slogans? That’s “stunning” and “brave.” But a joke character with a swastika on her butt? Mister, that crosses a line! It’s literally worse than Hitler!!!!!!1111oneoneeleventy etc. Doesn’t that get the ol’ noggin’ joggin’?

You can’t even post Aryanne sex pictures. Derpi mods: “Fuck Nazis! Wait, NOT LIKE THAT” It is actually kind of funny.

And since I know the Derpibooru mod squad lurks this board and reads these threads, hi guys. We’re “Nazis,” we’re pathetic, we’re “incels,” but you’re the ones with a cartoon pony with a swastika on her butt living in your heads rent-free 24/7/365. Go look in a mirror and think about what you’ve done.
Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Anonymous #EE06  
Actually there were quite a few who decided now (months ago) was the time to crusade not just against Nazis,but foalcon as well. Yeah,they may have favorited ApplebloomxSpike or RarityxSweetie incest,but it’s okay,they still have the moral high ground because they’re “trying to change”. Yes that was a real response I got.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide