Robot Fighting!

General Discussion » Robot Fighting! Search Posts
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I’ll transfer my previous post over.

I have a thing for Witch Doctor. It adds flair without sacrificing its compact, functional design. And it avoids the design flaws that plague too many other vertical spinners. It doesn’t cover the spinner with a projecting hood or put forks in front of itself. So many others cripple themselves by putting obstacles in front of their main weapon. It’s so refreshing to see a vertical spinner designed so that the teeth protrude farther than the body. I don’t know why it’s a novelty to have a vertical spinner designed so that the point of contact is its weapon, but that’s where we are.
The team has a good gimmick going, as well.
full
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Black Dragon vs Ribbot shows the importance of compartmentalization in bot design. Flamethrowers have seen niche success in Battlebots, because most bots aren’t proofed against fire. A few seconds of uninterrupted spray into the belly is enough to kill most of them.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I’ve been really impressed with Chomp on a technical level. It’s grown into easily the most complex robot in the competition, being essentially two robots in one at this point. Granted, being a walker, it can barely win. But its transformation has been quite a thing to behold.

Before:full

After:full
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide