Religion

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
Today is Columbus Day, when we honor the great Saint Christopher Columbus who was called by God Almighty to convert the heathens of the New World from their practice of human sacrifice and death worship to the True Universal Apostolic Church.
Posted Report
Fleur de Lis
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
I go on a long drive with some christian who is in every denomination at once. Eventually we reach a wilderness park. The place is full of bears, just normal wild bears, and this christian wants me to learn to speak bear.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
I was watching a TV preacher because I get 6 channels and one of them is in Korean, and he was preaching his snake dancing, poison drinking heresy. “God only ever uses ordinary people to change the world with miracles and stuff.”

Orly? I don’t know many ordinary people who were abandoned as babies and floated down the river in a basket to be adopted by the king of the world. I’m just saying.

Let’s just take a look at the Victoria Cross, which is probably the most difficult award to get in any military anywhere. In 165 years there have been 1,355 individual recipients, out of tens of millions of British and Commonwealth soldiers. In the past 76 years only 15 have been awarded. Were the recipients of the VC ordinary people? Hell no! They were quite extraordinary. They weren’t ordinary people who one day decided they had to do extraordinary things because they had no choice. In fact, after the war there was a study that found that recipients of the VC tended to be older brothers who had to raise their younger siblings because either their parents died or were derelict in their duty to raise their children. That’s a very specific psychological profile for someone to achieve extraordinary things.

We look at the people TV preacher man presented as “ordinary people doing extraordinary things” and if you ever read a book in your life you would know they were not ordinary people. Pick any genuinely extraordinary person - Ernest Shackleton, Audie Murphy, etc. (too many to list) - they absolutely were extraordinary from the beginning. Ordinary people don’t accomplish things, extraordinary people who have mental dispositions to shake the boat accomplish things, or die trying.

TV preacher man then quotes one of the Apostles, “The Apostle James said “Elijah was a man just like us,” so that means he was a normie like you or me.” Are you retarded or are you lying? If an Apostle says “this person was like us” he’s not saying “he’s a normie”, he’s saying “he’s 12 in 100 billion”. That’s really really fucking extraordinary. That’s so rare you can expect 0.96 people to fit in that category alive today. Not even a full person. That’s how rare it is to be someone like Elijah. That’s the kind of faith he had. You, TV preacher man, are not an Apostle, even if your snake handling cult likes to say you are. You’re not a prophet. Neither am I, neither is the average person, no matter how many private jets you may have. That quote right there proves Elijah was extraordinary from the very beginning and we can’t hope to be like him, certainly not of our own effort. That’s just arrogance.

Either Bible “colleges” are handing out divinity degrees like toilet paper or these TV preachers are full of lies, because I’m just an average schizoid and I know the Bible more than they do.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
It’s Purim again. That’s the day when Jewish law requires you to get absolutely hammered. You must be so drunk that you cannot tell the difference between “cursed be Haman” and “blessed be Mordechai.” Even if you’re falling over drunk you could still probably tell the difference. We’re talking about drinking enough to need to be sent to the emergency room because you’ve become comatose.
Posted Report
IvanSatoru
Artist -
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Angle-Considerer
This happened during the Rise of the Corona:
A prominent Russian Orthodox priest who was barred from preaching for his anti-coronavirus views has laid siege to a women’s monastery, the 66.ru news website reported Tuesday.
Religious authorities barred Father Sergei, the ultraconservative spiritual leader of the Sredneuralsk women’s monastery in central Russia, from public ministry in April for disobeying orders to follow health guidelines. Monasteries across Russia have been beset by Covid-19 cases amid Russia’s outbreak.
Father Sergei chased out the Sredneuralsk monastery’s installed leader and set up a perimeter of Cossack fighters to guard the site, according to Yekaterinburg’s 66.ru.
Epic
“Father Sergei literally removed the mother superior from management,” the Yekaterinburg diocese told the outlet.
He is now reportedly refusing to let in journalists as well as a priest sent by the local church leadership to replace Mother Superior Varvara, who had led the Sredneuralsk monastery since its founding in 2005.
“I’m not going anywhere… they’ll have to chase me out with police and the National Guard,” Father Sergei said Wednesday.
This guy is hardcore.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
TEL MEGIDDO, Israel (AP) — An ancient Christian mosaic bearing an early reference to Jesus as God is at the center of a controversy that has riled archaeologists: Should the centuries-old decorated floor, which is near what’s believed to be the site of the prophesied Armageddon, be uprooted and loaned to a U.S. museum that has been criticized for past acquisition practices?

Israeli officials are considering just that. The proposed loan to the Museum of the Bible in Washington also underscores the deepening ties between Israel and evangelical Christians in the U.S, whom Israel has come to count on for political support, tourism dollars and other benefits.

The Megiddo Mosaic is from what is believed to be the world’s earliest Christian prayer hall that was located in a Roman-era village in northern Israel. It was discovered by Israeli archaeologists in 2005 during a salvage excavation conducted as part of the planned expansion of an Israeli prison.

The prison sits at a historic crossroads a mile south of Tel Megiddo on the cusp of the wide, flat Jezreel Valley. The compound is ringed by a white steel fence topped with barbed wire and is used for the detention of Palestinian security inmates.

The Israel Antiquities Authority said that it will decide about the move in the coming weeks, following consultations with an advisory body.

The mosaic should be left in situ unless doing so is not an option. How is tearing up a 2000 year old floor, cutting it into pieces, putting the pieces into crates, shipping the crates halfway across the world, and then reassembling it better than leaving it in place and building a museum around it? Moving it creates many more opportunities for it to get destroyed or lost.
Evangelicals, who make up more than a third of the world’s estimated 2 billion Christians, say their affinity for Israel stems from Christianity’s Jewish roots.

Some view the founding of Israel as fulfilling biblical prophecy, ushering in an anticipated Messianic age when Jesus will return and Jews will either accept Christianity or die. That tenet has generated unease among some Israelis, but politicians have embraced evangelical support for the state nonetheless.

This is stupid. Christianity is like the opposite of Judaism. That’s like saying “I have an affinity for broken homes because I grew up in one.” Look at how many times the Jews disobeyed direct orders from God and had to be punished by Assyrians, Babylonians, Romans, etc. And this isn’t like today when people have trouble interpreting a verse in the Bible, this was back in the old days when God would appear before everyone and tell them exactly what to do and they still wouldn’t listen.
Jesus fulfilled the old covenant. It’s over. We’re in the new covenant era now. Look at the Last Supper. He took the Passover seder and did it in reverse.
IvanSatoru
Artist -
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Angle-Considerer
@UrbanMysticDee
Jesus also called them the spawn of the Devil. If the historical accounts are to be believed then it seems that they indeed serve the devil. I mean, you can’t just get booted out of countries all over the world 100 plus times over the nastiest most despicable crimes against humanity and not serve the Devil.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide