Religion

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
@UrbanMysticDee  
Just finished that note. It is 1,220 words (572 words, or 47 percent, is a note of a note) and one diagram. It takes up 3 and a half pages. I didn’t want to explain all of Tibetan Buddhism, but I needed to outline enough so that it made sense to someone who’s never read anything about it before.

This is why the religion book is going to be about 400,000 words when it’s finished.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Mercury is a major god in Roman religion and mythology, being one of the 12 Dii Consentes within the ancient Roman pantheon. He is the god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence, messages, communication (including divination), travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery, and thieves; he also serves as the guide of souls to the underworld.

That guy really has his plate full, doesn’t he?
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@Anonymous #67A4  
It’s an absolute load of horseshit. It’s edgelord teenagers who never grew up who think they’re being edgy and cool by hating Christianity (and ONLY Christianity, they don’t dare hate other religions or else they’ll be seen as “racist”, which is like kryptonite for white people, and satanoids are ALL white because non-white people have better things to do with their lives than join make believe LARP religions). It’s white gaytheists who read a fake bible that has commandments that are all exclamations and there’s no glossary or index to show where the terms they use are defined (they’re not, it’s up to interpretation, I looked through the whole Satanic Bible, it’s preachy, self-righteous, narcissistic shite written by a talentless hack). The Satanic Bible is beginners philosophy, unresolved teenage angst, unresolved teenage obsession with sex, naive teenage misunderstanding of Christianity, teenage hatred of Christianity because you are obsessed with deviant sex, Ayn Rand, and pseudointellectual horsehit from fake mystics like the scam artist John Dee, along with fake magic spells and fake rituals cooked up for shits and giggles to show how edgy you are.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
I was watching some church show the other day, some preacher guy with a TV church, you may know the type. He said “you can’t pick and choose what parts of the Bible you believe in.” That’s exactly what he’s doing.

First of all, Protestantism is nothing but picking and choosing, believing some of Jesus’ words over others, and in some cases believing in the exact opposite of what Jesus said.

But look at everything else about this guy. Jesus clearly established the church along apostolic lines. Now randos go to “Bible college” and become “bishops” in some fake hierarchy outside of any established apostolic line and they believe they’re part of a legitimate church.

He clearly believes in many of the social norms that have established long after biblical times. What constitutes appropriate dress codes has changed dramatically. A lot of “traditionally feminine” women’s fashion today was men’s fashion 200 years ago, and “traditionally masculine” men’s fashion was ad hoc regulations adopted by soldiers in WW1, except now things have changed and the church that misinterpreted the injunction on women covering their heads in church and men leaving their heads uncovered to mean “women must have long hair and men must have short hair” (even though that didn’t exist until the 20th century), NOW that fashion has changed again and men are saying “fuck it, we’re growing long hair and beards like men have had for thousands of years and it was never against church rules” NOW the “conservative” “traditional” churches have no problem with men with long hair and beards, or women wearing horse riding clothing that men adopted a century prior and used to be considered “crossdressing” but now it’s a-ok. Just like tattoos. Tattoos were forbidden until it became a social norm, now there are loads of church people who are covered head to toe with tattoos and it’s perfectly fine because what’s “traditional” and “conservative” changes with time.

He believes in women preachers even though there is an injunction against that. I heard one of these TV churchmen say “Well this woman in this book of the Bible was said to have been “respected” by an Apostle, so that means she was a preacher, and this other woman was said to be a “co-worker” of an Apostle and we all know co-workers must do the same thing and can’t work in different departments and have different duties, so that means she was a preacher.” I’ve had co-workers who’ve done vastly different things than me, and I’ve respected people who’ve done vastly different things than me. It’s bullshit.

Why do people leave the church? Two reasons: 1. they’re sexual deviants who don’t want someone telling them that sexual deviance is a sin*, and 2. they belong to some church that’s changed so much that it’s clear that church doesn’t really believe in anything. The more conservative (in the truest sense of the word) churches are the ones that are surviving while the more liberal churches that change doctrine with the times are the ones that are falling apart.

*Shit, I and probably everyone else who uses this site are sexual deviants, and I’m under no illusion that it’s good and right, but that doesn’t make me reject church doctrine as untrue because it says that I’m a sinner like literally everyone else on the planet. It’s childish to pretend like you’re free of sin because your sin makes you feel good. Of course it does, that’s the whole point.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@IvanSatoru  
What difference does it make, they’re all heretics?

If I’m not mistaken the guy who said “you can’t pick and choose” is Robert Jeffress. The internet.com says he’s a southern baptist, so they’re the ones who drink poison and dance with snakes. He likes to preach “we need to oppose abortion and at the same time gut welfare programs that would otherwise provide a modicum of financial relief to care for these surplus kids their deadbeat parents can’t afford.” He believes it’s God’s will for millions of kids to be born only to suffer in poverty and perversion and turn to sin and go to Hell to prove how righteous he is.

And the guy who gave lame excuses for why changing church doctrine to serve the will of feminism was Gordon Robertson from the 700 Club.
IvanSatoru
Artist -
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

Angle-Considerer
@UrbanMysticDee  
I thought you were going to say Kenneth Copeland.  
full  
That guy seriously looks like he’s possessed by demons.

>they’re all heretics  
What does this even mean? Does it mean that that they deny Jesus? Does it mean that they disobey Rome?

>drink poison and dancing with snakes  
That sounds really silly and oversimplified. Is this something that you can say about literally everyone who calls himself a “Southern Baptist”? I don’t know any “not-Roman” who believes in this. A lot of people who claim to believe in Jesus are going to hell. A lot of people who claim allegiance to Rome are also going to hell.  
I think it’s very silly to be fighting over who’s a TRVE CHRISTIAN. Your character should reflect whether you belong to Jesus. I don’t think you can make a judgement about millions of people based on what some guys said on TV.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide