Religion

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
Ken Wilber talks about Grace and Grit

I'd watch this quick because Integral likes to put videos up for a week or so and then bury them behind a paywall.

I'd also really like to buy a copy of the movie, but they only have streaming options and I can stream 360p at best, so that's out of the question.

Why is it that I want to give all these companies my money but they don't want to take it? They don't offer me any viable options? Maybe Pirate Bay will have a copy.
Posted Report
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Annotating the New Testament and the more important books of the Old Testament (mostly Genesis through Joshua plus a few others) to add as an appendix to the Green Book, for when I get around to writing (or finishing, I've gotten 40,000 words written so far) the big religion book so I have all these notes on hand.

I just finished chapter 2 of Genesis. One page is almost entirely footnotes. There are 21 cross references, 4 linguistic explanations, 3 geographic explanations, 1 reference to the interaction of electrons and their relation to biology, and 4 bits of mysticism.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Problem: Bibles come in microscopic font on tissue paper that makes them almost impossible to read.

Solution: 8.5x11 inch paper, size 12 font

I'm noticing that just the text, not even the references and commentary, on the first half of Genesis is already 70 pages. Let's plug this into Excel.

Take into account all the books that are being left out.

That's 1,200 pages.

Well, how much of the OT can I cut out? What if I just limit it to the first 5 books + the NT?

That's 874 pages.

This isn't an appendix, it's almost 3 reams of paper. It's 11 pounds of book.

This is why they print it microscopic on tissue paper.
Interested in advertising on Ponybooru? Click here for information!
Learn how to advertise on ponybooru, free options are availble.

Ponybooru ain't free mate - help support us financially!

ETH: 0xC41132ad4627FBfBd0d1712A27B268a06278eE50 | BTC: bc1qeyw3e72pcylque89r2940hhfzrz339kxuvruun
Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~