Religion

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
Having waded into politics already I thought I’d go with religion this time. Since on-site polls can only have 20 options I had to create an off-site poll for this because there are 95 options.

What religion do you actually practice?

This is separate from different religious organizations having your name registered for tax purposes because you were born into it. My name is in a registration book somewhere and some church is claiming me as a number for whatever nefarious tax-exempt purposes, but I don’t go there or believe half the stuff they preach.

After spending many years as an angry atheist, and a few years testing religions (which many people say cannot be done), I did become a Christian of my own free will, without joining any particular sect.

I put other Christian on the poll, because what I believe and how I came to believe it is a thousand page book.

How about you all?
Fleur de Lis
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
Out of those options I am closest to marxism and dialectical materialism. But, I voted ‘other’ because I am technically not a materialist, but a neutral monist.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I don’t follow any particular religion. I believe in God. I take an inclusive look at religion. Everything is valid. If it makes you a better person,then your religion is good. Overlook the messier parts. The Bible was obviously not meant to be literal.  
DS9 put it well:  
GINT:You have to break the contract with Brunt.  
QUARK: You got to be joking. You’re Gint. You wrote the Rules of Acquisition. The sacred precepts upon which all Ferengi society is based. You of all people can’t expect me to break them.  
GINT: Why not? They’re just rules. They’re written in a book, not carved in stone. And even if they were in stone, so what? A bunch of us just made them up.  
QUARK: Are you saying they don’t matter?  
GINT: Of course they matter. That’s why they’re a best-seller. But we’re talking about your life here. The Rules are nothing but guideposts, suggestions.
GarbageHorse

Aspiring Kyle
I don’t get religion and I never will, but I do understand that the vast majority seem to need it. I believe we should go back to the ancestral belief systems of our own people, not universalist monotheistic systems.

For instance, I endorse Rodnovery, even if I do not believe in it.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
In this video, philosopher Ken Wilber explains why only religion provides the structures and tools necessary for both growing up and waking up. Nothing else can create a cohesive community that gives meaning to our lives, or provide the means of escaping suffering and discovering our true identity.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide