Random Nonsense Thread

Adán Druego
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

@Acres  
That poor horse.

Horse: I swear if this ends up posted onto that internet of yours.  
Girl: Oh, don’t worry about it. Do you honestly think that I’d ever do something like that to you?  
Horse: The first time I trusted you, I ended up wearing this outfit. The second time I trusted you, I ended up posing for this photo…  
Girl: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, oh now I’m just enjoying the attention.  
Horse: … … No. That’s not… Ugh!
Anonymous #A17E
@Acres  
What few Ponybooru Twitter accounts I knew of were silent about it. I had to lurk the depths of 4chan to even know it was a DDoS, initially.

But then it continued. Day after day, I checked if I could access the site. No updates on 4chan or Twitter.

Early on, in regards to a comment about Ponepaste, it was suggested that the DNS had to be flushed.

So I figured, why not. I flushed it. On the PC. Nothing changed.

After a week, I thought either someone had quite the vendetta to DDoS Ponybooru, or something was fucked up.

I used a downtime detector, and Ponybooru was supposedly up. Yet I couldn’t access it.

Archive.is? It could grab a snapshot, no problem.

At that point, I was thinking someone at the ISP must be hatin’ ponies or something, that maybe the ponybooru.org was blacklisted or something with a packet sniffer.

Thus, on my quest to find out if the site was blocked in the country, I found through a third-party website that Ponybooru’s IP address was 209.141.38.127. And lo, a single wrinkle appeared on my smooth brain.

I threw the IP into the URL bar.

I got an nGinX splashpage.

“HTTP,” I figured and made it HTTPS. Firefox wouldn’t let me enter–certificate was not valid for the IP–but I added an exception.

Boom, ponies.

I threw the IP address into the commandline’s ping program.

Perfect response, no issues whatsoever.

I threw the domain name into it.

Connection timed out.

But, my lone wrinkle noticed the IP that was fetched, 167.88.161.27, was different. It was a DNS issue!

But how? I had cleared my DNS cache multiple times. Was the ISP’s DNS server fucked? Skimming through 4chan again, I figured Zizzy may have done some hardware swaps. Maybe the IP had changed but the update didn’t reach everyone? Usually DNS records have a TTL, but maybe it wasn’t short enough.

Then I had a second wrinkle.

THE ROUTER.

They usually have a DNS cache and routing tables and whatnot! Just need to flush it, reset it…

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide