Random fact about yourself

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
@TheBridge  
I finally have time to get to this question.

XP didn’t have system restore, where because I was an idiot in the early 2000s so I did things I wasn’t supposed to and got a couple viruses on the computer, so I had to reinstall everything. I thought this erased all the data I had saved. This happened a few times.

Eventually the XP machine needs to be replaced so I hook the old HDD from the XP machine up to the Winblows 7 machine and I don’t see any of the files that I use on a daily basis, I see all the original files from the very first time before I reinstalled everything. It turns out what Winblows was doing was creating some sort of hidden partition on the drive and burying all the old files, so I can only see the old old stuff.  
https://ponybooru.org/forums/dis/topics/random-fact-about-yourself?page=51#  
Previously when I had hooked up the old XP drive to another XP machine I could only see the new stuff, but now it’s hidden and I don’t know how to access it unless I hook it up to another machine running XP.

That particular adapter won’t work, but I did get an IDE to SATA adapter to hook it up to the Winblows 7 machine and that’s how I found out stuff was hidden. And I really don’t have the time, energy, enthusiasm, or money to find a solution. As long as I don’t drop it or heat it above it’s curie temperature or put a powerful magnet next to it the data is still safe until some indeterminate point in the future when I look for a solution.

@TheBridge  
Two different replies in a row.

The book.

Last year’s book, was the subject of several videos, that were actually adapted from chapters in the book†. It was basically “Why the Left is trying to destroy America.” I was going to write a sequel in January that would be “Why the Right is trying to destroy America,” and I got 24 handwritten pages and a cover with a Chimerica flag before a very long string of personal disasters in this very hellish year that I hate kept getting in my way. I don’t know if I’m ever going to write that book, but there’s some mention of the out of control capitalism in the book I’m working on now, and I did turn it into a video series.

This year’s book, which I actually wrote in 2013 based on a film treatment I wrote for a cinema class in 2009,really is my magnum opus. It’s the greatest thing I’ve ever written, by a lot. It’s my recreation of Greek oral drama through a retelling of the myth of Orpheus. There is some politics in it, I suppose, but I leave discussing that to the optional notes section in the first appendix (the second appendix is production notes).

†I’ll DM a playlist to anyone interested, I’m not posting it here.
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

I know NOTHING
@UrbanMysticDee  
>I see all the original files from the very first time before I reinstalled everything. It turns out what Winblows was doing was creating some sort of hidden partition on the drive and burying all the old files, so I can only see the old old stuff.  
Wow. That is more complicated then I imagined. I can understand taking a break from that!

>Book  
Later in politics thread.

>really is my magnum opus. It’s the greatest thing I’ve ever written, by a lot. It’s my recreation of Greek oral drama through a retelling of the myth of Orpheus.  
Not to put down modern fiction… after all, I am a moderately avid reader of multicolored horse fanfiction, so who am I to really critique it? but I will say, but recreation of greek a oral drama sounds outright based in a modern age of self focused therapeutic decay where the western canon is being dethroned.

@Sapphie  
Based on the tags:  

Based on the description, still no, but more from a “not my cup of tea” reasoning, but I see where your going with it. Such a setting and a “ordinary life” in a Fallout Equestria universe really does warrant that. I still have mad respect for putting over 100K of anything down.

also based that you still offer it on google docs. Oh the old days of fic reading
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@TheBridge  
Yeah, understandable ahaha. I came up with the idea and theme of the fic when I was going through my second Project Horizons read, so that’s where I got too much inspiration from
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Fleur de Lis  
I kinda feel that. MLP fics are definitely the one piece of media that taught me to get invested in fiction. Prior to 2014 or so I was incapable of crying when watching a show/reading a story. But with MLP fics I found myself so invested that I actually did end up feeling things
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
My favorite pair of jeans is so comfortable that I’ve actually been mending it every time it gets a tear for nearly 8 years.

@Fleur de Lis  
It’s one of the few settings I’m “deep” in so it’s presumably easier (I don’t really read a lot of sad fics). I wouldn’t say “only,” though.

@Acres  
Immersion broken.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
I just recorded 2 of maybe 17 videos on the book The Purpose Driven Life. I’ve wanted to do this since last year and have just now gotten around to it. I’ve tried to read the book 3 times and have never gotten past chapter 15 because it’s Calvinist heresy. I’ve got another video of the antichrist preacher asking his followers for a $70 million private jet that I’m putting up because it was taken off youtube.

I want to create a sufficient backlog of videos that if there comes a time when I can’t make videos for a while I still have months worth of videos saved up to upload.
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
Alongside general depression and horniness, Star Trek was a major influence on my fantasies during adolescence. They wouldn’t take place in the Star Trek universe per se; I would create own timeline, races, planets, starships and so on. For example, I remember there being these green guys who were like original series klingons and these blue guys who were like the vulcans.

I still have a cardboard starship; and a newspaper page in an undecipherable constructed language with a picture of some planet.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@Fleur de Lis  
I made a crapton of stuff out of cardboard when I was a kid. I don’t think any of the buildings remain (except the Lego house, but that’s different), but tanks, ships, planes, people. I used to make offices and put the people in them to have meetings and stuff. I still have a bunch of stuff.
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
@UrbanMysticDee  
I have no artefacts from actual childhood. 99% were abandoned during family breakup, and the remaining 1% didn’t survive the compulsions I would occasionally get to throw things away.
Adán Druego
A toast - Incredibly based
Artist -

@Acres @Fleur de Lis  
That gendered language, though…

You’re all lucky that I’m not woke or I’d be hyperventilating right now while also emailing any news agency that would take me seriously with a complaint about Ponybooru having a triggering vocabulary problem.

Title: Does Ponybooru Trigger?
Mxds are having to come to terms with the fact that the language allowed within their forums has often triggered a great deal of would-be members in search of a site to join where they might find like-minded individuals with which to share their passion for ponies…
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide