Random fact about yourself

TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I know NOTHING
@UrbanMysticDee  
>That’s why I’ve been drawing my own maps since 2008.  
Wow. That is kind of cool!

>I really didn’t know how to use Amazon self publishing until last year  
Is Amazon self publishing the best way to go? Adding to it is simply giving them an ever so tiny amount of more power over you and assuming that you won’t go viral easily, would it be better to just keep a boycott on amazon and use another self publishing platform? There is more then one counter argument to this however and I am no way saying it is simply immoral to use amazon for it, just asking the question.
UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Bae > Bay
@TheBridge  
There really is no other alternative. Amazon offers print on demand with no up front cost. Everyone else pay to print x many books up front and store them, and then they go in an unsold box of shame that takes up space. I already get 95% of everything I buy that’s not food from Amazon.

If I haven’t gone viral in the past 17 years I’ve been trying to make it online what are the odds it will happen next month? I’ll be happy if I my books sell double digits.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
  1. That’s not a physical book, and there really are no alternatives. I still have a box of unsold books from my 2005 experiment. I’ve never sold anything except on Amazon, and Amazon just takes a cut out of sales for books sold because they have to print and ship the things.  
  2. I have had a website, off and on, from 2000, and I can reach more people a day on Twitter than in a month best case scenario on any site I’ve made, and when I advertised the book on Twitter I got 4,000 impressions and sold 4 copies.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
The “new” old book I’m editing now started out as an assignment for a film class that several years later I decided to turn into a full book. Still, the paper I submitted seems to represent a fully formed idea, like it was all thought out already.

The book was handwritten on 55 sheets of paper. There are 104 pages with writing and 6 blank pages (sides of a single sheet).

3 pages have just a paragraph on them that, taken together, make up about half a page.  
3 pages are half pages.

Looking at that it can be estimated at 100 full pages (98 + .5(4)).

The text, not counting titles and extras, is 82,322 words, so there’s roughly 823 handwritten words on each page, or 1,646 words per sheet of paper.

I was originally worried the book wouldn’t be long enough, but these words are microscopic, so I easily made the quota.

Some pages are cut up and taped together because the book was written out of order and scenes were reorganized. Other pages have extra bits taped on because I wanted to finish a paragraph without getting a new sheet and losing my place, because the book was written out of order. It took two months to type up not only because the text is microscopic but because I had to decipher notes such as:

[End of Flashback]  
|  
v  
Next Scene

Next 2-IX  
Banquet Scene

[Add Scene]

2-5X

next page (3XXD)

Rework in light of beginning of chapter =>

Imma include scans of a few of these pages as an appendix to the book. I also have a few videos where I choreographed the fight scenes. Those won’t be included. I did a 35 minute audio commentary when it was first written. I might put that up on my Bitchute channel. I’m also going to use it as inspiration for the essay at the end of the book.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Dex Stewart  
I have flipped around on all the films of the squeal trilogy. The best possible interpretation of the Last Jedi is and it’s “the past needs to die” is one giant diss on JJ Abrams and The Force Awakens being ascended fan fiction. The worst possible take is it being a hate letter to the fans. I think in either case it failed for not really going anywhere new and destroying all the plot points of the old film. I am mixed on how much I dislike it though as through all the media lauding, scapegoating and backstabbing that happened within and around Lucasfilm leads me to be unconvinced of any of the popular narratives on the behind the scenes being true, from either the SJW media boosting or the “fandomence”, but for me to more in depth I would probably take it to the Star Wars thread as this could turn into a mini essay post or something.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheBridge  
I just watch what I like. I didn’t like the sequels. I won’t watch them. Except maybe with Rifftrax. I like Mandalorian, I like Clone Wars,I like Bad Batch,I like Rogue One, I’ll watch those.  
Star Trek unfortunately can’t seem to make anything I like lately, so I guess it’s all reruns for now.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
I can’t remember half of my immediate cousins’ names, nor the names of any of their children (or even which ones have children).
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide