Ponybooru's General Cartoon and Western Animation Thread

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Billy Eichner, the guy behind Bros, made a cringe tweet about the Mario movie. It’s supposed to be a joke, but his continuing bitterness over his poorly-marketed romcom flopping shines through. He got owned so hard that he hid replies.
Posted Report
Anonymous #EBF1
@Cyborg_pony  
Admittedly sometimes I wondered if it was because I was growing up and just naturally losing interest. I discarded that however when I noted that:

A.- CN is really in finantial problems which means is actually not really holding up.  
B.- The ocasional nostalgia trips made me note a good cartoon can still hold up after years.  
C.- The lack of merchandise gave me away that people are not really buying the current toons.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony

@Anonymous #EBF1  
Most of what has been churned out has been forgotten. That’s why a lot of showrunner throw tantrums when their show is canceled, as they know no one will remember it once the next thing comes along.
Posted Report
Anonymous #EBF1
@Cyborg_pony  
That’s pretty much the definition of a trend. It’s short-term popular and big and everybody buys it as if it is the greatest thing…then after a while the lack of substance hits hard and falls into obscurity, like a hangover after a drunk party.  
That’s why roughly 98% of memes are forgotten sometimes just months after they were hot, they were just that, a tendency, not something that hold up for long.  
Some of them can resist, but again the time only helds up what had a great substance from the get go. Not a lot of things age like fine wine.
Posted Report
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
2011’s Thundercats reboot was pretty good. The show presented an interesting world that had a lot of potential for exploration, and a strong cast of characters. I found the art-style appealing, being serious enough to fit the tone, but stylized enough to age well. If you know what to look for, you can see how much care the new studio took to remain faithful to the property’s Rankin/Bass roots.

full

It’s too bad it was cancelled. The whole show ends up being a cliffhanger that’s almost as brutal as the 2002 He-Man reboot.

full
Absol95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

#PSvitaNation
@Seiken
Original Ghostbusters was a really awesome series and it sucks that later the series went downhill because of the constant executive meddling.
Back on the writing and nonsensic writing, G1 transformers had a fairly decent writing (most of time) and the bad guys were fairly well used to make them a credible threat (most of time) but I have to admit that G1 season 3 was just terrible, both on the visual and writing aspects. Also, Robocop was a bizarre cartoon since it was inspired on a very violent movie that the series had to write around to avoid issues, and so it was weird to see how neither Robocop or his foes could fire real bullets as far I remember, it has been years since I discovered that series.

Transformers G1 season 3 wasn’t that bad IMO, there were hits here and there. The visual aspect definitely took a downgrade for the most part. Damn you, AKOM! Though, at least AKOM still had more talent than that utter janitor’s closet for an animation studio from somewhere in the Philippines that did some of the most animation error-filled and piss-poor dialouge (either it was Ontiplex, of if not, a haphazardly put together studio put together by Hasbro’s orders during the closing days of Season 2). I truly do like the 5-part premier of Season 3, though I don’t know why the Quintessons were so okay with blowing up their own planet (to be fair, the Quintesson that set the planet to self destruct did say with one of his own personalities that he was “going to miss Quintessa”). The Primitives episode was poor to mediocre at best in writing quality, among others. Oh, then there’s the truncated originally-meant-to-be-a-5-parter Season 4, the Rebirth. At the very least the production crew could have TRIED to strike a deal with Hasbro execs with the notion of trimming done The Rebirth to, say, a 4-parter instead of bending down and saying “alright well rip it your way”. The rebirth was indeed weird in a number of places. Metroplex AND Scourge’s Sweeps are absent, The Rebel Nebulons’ lines are at times flat out nonsensical to half-baked. The binary bonding method of fusion is fascinating and good if not great to me as an idea. In practice, its still fine, but could have been fleshed out more had The Rebirth been given at least some more time to stew, like maybe not ripping it down as much.  
||”Headmasters” is without a doubt a different continuity, just like many aspects of Japanese Season 3, where the time it takes place is not 2005, but rather 2010. ||
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide