Ponybooru's General Cartoon and Western Animation Thread

Cyborg_pony
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

@Havoc  
They do. You have to sign away the rights to your show so that they can profit form the merch. Problem is; many all of their new shows didn’t sell anything, they had no staying power. There are people complain about shows getting erased that they never bothered talking about for years of them existing. When shows in the 80’s didn’t do well, they got one season and that was it. HBO makes was paying CN to run a lot of those on the service, and with no one watching them, they were just sitting there collecting dust while they foot the bill.

Disney is much worse. They’ll make you sign an NDA, listen to your idea, say they’re not interesting but they’ve pretty much got the idea for their new show before they kick you out the door.
Anonymous #EBF1
@Cyborg_pony  
People haven’t realized you require being both competent as an artist and a businessman. Everybody knows enterprises who put too much attention in merchandise and pandering demographics ignoring the artistic work involved would cause a decrease in sells because people want a product they can enjoy rather than a forgettable trendy product.  
And the same applies to artists, who by ignoring the earnings, rules to sell or licensee properties result in products that either are not good enough (because the feedback is not properly handled) or are not handled properly within the contract rules, running them into the ground. But this second aspect it’s always ignored if not just simply shrugged below the mat. I mean, there’s a reason why a lot of schools teach both math and art, you might exceel at one, but you always need at least a bit of both of them to succeed.  
Too much heart, not enough head.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Celebrity Deathmatch was supposed to be revived in 2018, with Ice Cube in the role of both star and executive producer. I’m glad it didn’t happen. In this political climate, a show like that would either be too tame, or the makers would be inundated with death threats from twitter trash on a daily basis.
Mitchy

Best princess👗👑
@Dex Stewart  
That’s nice that CN finally gets their shit together with DVD releases, a bit late, but okay… even though I found another method for getting my hands on EEnE complete.
Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@ANoobis  
It’s like if Lower Decks were actually good. No whiny dick, no loudmouth who never shuts up, and a majority of the jokes actually land.  
Better voice cast too.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony

Velma’s officially gay! Guys!

Officially gay in what looks to be a very bad fanfic levels of writing with her instantly creaming her panties over the sight of the Totally not self-insert who is Da bestest Evar and a bad girl!

This is why western media especially animation is dying fast and why they are trying to colonize Anime. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen better writing on Fanfic sights. At least there’s actual payoff.
Posted Report
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Dex Stewart  
This feels weird. Or like it could be weird and off putting.

@ANoobis  
I think it is more of just general complaining/freakout that might happen with how such a film in general might be realized; a probable negative reaction if the animation feels off or running with a glimpse of something in speculation.

@Dex Stewart  
This also is highly probable.
Posted Report
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Dex Stewart  
Will need to see it fully animated before I can judge. Albeit I am someone who was raised on Super Mario World; 3D Mario in general can be a little off to me at times.

@Cyborg_pony  
>Chris Pratt  
Oh. I see…
Posted Report
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide