Ponybooru's General Cartoon and Western Animation Thread

TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I know NOTHING
@Dex Stewart
>Tigger looks a bit too faded
Something that I have heard time and time again in some circles is that most CGI heavy movies try to avoid bright colors and lit up areas to keep the CGI from looking too noticeable and it still wouldn't surprise me if it choices like that was due to this reason. Unless the movie was aiming to be Tim Burton esque or something.
Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheBridge
Tim Burton would've been perfect for this movie. At times it had a very Big Fish feel.

I think Roo and Kanga turned out the best in terms of appearance.

Owl and Rabbit are odd ones, since they were going for realistic animals' designs. Rabbit probably should've been lighter, he's yellow in the cartoons. Owl doesn't resemble his original look, much, but he is pretty expressive in Christopher Robin, and combined with his voice he's recognizable enough.
Brad Garret does Eeyore's voice, it's deep and monotone, which works, but there's a recognizable lilt on his voice that can be a tad distracting.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Dex Stewart
Tigger is a trip. He's the most faithful design, by a lot, but his coloration is so off that I straight out didn't recognize him at first. I don't like what they did with Rabbit. He looks straight out of the godawful Netflix Watership Down miniseries.

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Dex Stewart
The original animated adaptation wasn't exactly vibrant, itself. They worked it so that the bleak fall countryside came across sort of like Calvin and Hobbes' environments did. Not always lush, but at least adventuresome.

The new one just looks dreary. If you told me that was a psychological horror, and he was haunted by those things that may or may not be real, I could buy it.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Dex Stewart
Glorified Alvin and the Chipmocks modern reboot vibes anyone? Though I imagine it'll be better than that at least.

@ANoobis
Too me it feels not like horror but has a strong sadness to it. Like they overdosed on sentimentality to bittersweet but the bitter side took a trip melancholy.
Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~