MOTU and She-Ra

RavenandWritingDesk
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

@Dex Stewart

Well that was the big joke, the ‘feminist’ show was made by three dudes, ascribed strength to looking like a man, was scared that a woman wouldn’t be able to attract an audience and had to rely on a man to promote it and generally portrayed the women as bitter fag hags or angry, unlikeable deiseal dykes.

@Barhandar

Feminism was basically mission accomplished by the late 80’s, the only people that hung around calling themselves feminists were female incels before incels were a thing and male sexual predators trying to trick women.

Now its devolved into sanctioned misandry and is slowly being erased as transsexuals take over all their spaces.
Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full  
It’s so bizzare to me that She-ra,for all it’s problems,wonky designs, awkward humor and rushed finale, still turned out so good.  
Then Revelation comes in and gets a buttload of promotion and merchandise, and is easily one of the worst productions I’ve ever seen. Outright blatant lies in trailers, horribly miscast voices, confused writing overall,and on top of it all,the… I don’t know a word for it. What’s the word for someone acting naive to something that’s so clearly divisive by design? This is like Thundercats Roar all over again,except the defenders of that Trainwreck quieted down after they saw the crap heap they were defending.  
Revelation has defenders,even now,and I don’t get it. The weirdest thing is the people who claim it’s “fun”. What show were they watching? I can understand people liking Revelation. I can even see it as a favorite. But “fun”? That’s like if I said “I love The Crow,it’s so much fun.”  
Fun was not the intent of Revelation. Campiness, nostalgia,not those either. Bleak, introspective (for lack of a better term) are the closest I can use to describe the tone they were apparently going for.  
Jeez,I can go on forever about this horrid little mess of a show.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

What’s the word for someone acting naive to something that’s so clearly divisive by design?
Sunk cost fallacy. Also, woketardation.

@RavenandWritingDesk  
Now its devolved into sanctioned misandry and is slowly being erased as transsexuals take over all their spaces.
And it’s absolutely hilarious to watch. Social darwinism in action.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Revelation seems to have been such a flop that people are already forgetting it happened. And Kevin Smith appears to have failed upward into a shiny new Star Wars show, so I doubt he’ll even acknowledge Revelation unprompted anymore.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Anonymous #58AC  
I think it’d fit better with the sequel characters. Then put them in the second Ewok movie so that they all get brutally murdered and the real characters can be rescued by Wilford Brimley.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Anyone have thoughts on the New Adventures of He-Man? I didn’t like Skeletor’s redesign much, but I remember liking the show quite a bit as a kid.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@ANoobis  
I liked it.  
My favorite character was Slush Head.  
full  
He was a fun goofball villain,and kinda creepy. I recall a scene where he has He-man in his grip,and he’s giggling like an idiot. He’s like if Patrick Star was homicidal.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
New toys!  
First up we got some really nice figures.  
full  
Fisto looks great,Scare Glow looks good,Andra ‘s only issue is being from Revelation,and Stinkor looks awesome.  
Then some weaker figures.  
full  
Revelation Merman. Yippee. A bit of a stone faced Teela with an alternate post-temper tantrum head.  
King Tokenskull:  
full  
He’s target exclusive,which means he’ll be hard to find. Or the easiest to find.  
“New Eternia”  
full  
Kinda weird, but it’s a neat concept.  
Tie-ins to the new cgi series:  
full  
I love the Roborko/Cyborko figure. Evil Lyn also has quite a unique look.  
The Masterverse line is thankfully expanding past Revelation.  
full  
I’m hoping for some New Adventures or Movie figures eventually.  
The cult outfits from Revelation:  
fullfull  
I’m sure there’s someone who liked these.  
And a Merman Funko Pop.  
full  
Deluxe Collector’s Hordak:  
full  
Cute little Sorceress representing a horrible little show she was barely in:  
full  
And Mercenary Teela:  
full  
Awright.  
And this:  
full
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@ANoobis  
This is from the newest series. Creatively titled:“He-Man and the Masters of the Universe”.  
From what I’ve seen it’s a younger scewing show then Revelation(not hard to do)but doesn’t appear to pull punches.One rumor I’ve heard is that Battle Cat’s claws were ripped out and that’s why he has glowing energy there.  
Revelation was pushed as an “all ages” show, and apparently some kids were into it. Whatevs.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
She-Ra is getting a live-action adaptation. It doesn’t even have a writer on board yet, but twitter twats are already reeeeing about how it should be cancelled because it isn’t based on the Netflix cartoon.
Anonymous #5A21
@ANoobis  
I’m not going to lie here. A live-action She-Ra show immediately strikes me as being cringe. There are things that should not be live-action. 1970s-80s Saturday morning cartoons are at the top of that list. Do you doubt me? Be careful what you wish for.

There was one film about forty years ago that was the exception that proves the rule, but, 1, it was really based more on the comic strips and 1930s movie serials rather than the 1980s cartoon, 2, it was produced by Dino de Laurentis. Does this project sound like something he’d have involved himself with? 3, I don’t anticipate talent on the level of Brian Blessed, Topol, or Max von Sydow being hired for this, and there can’t be a Queen soundtrack because Freddie Mercury is dead.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide