MOTU and She-Ra

RavenandWritingDesk
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

New She-ra looks from screenshots and title cards like two dimensional, self congratulatory woke bullshit filled with token characters who’s only personality trait are their ethnicities or sexualities, the characters were clearly designed by a woke focus group to ‘tick boxes’ to the point of destroying the internal consistency.

However the writers really saved the show and its actually really good, it reminds me a lot of Young Justice with the mixture of super hero action and moody teen interpersonal relationships. If your first instinct after watching the finale wasn’t to go on 4chan and write a wall of text about lyra and bon bon getting married before crying yourself to sleep because lesbians dared to exist, then its really worth seeing where the generic evil overlord gets more depth and development than most protagonists.
Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@RavenandWritingDesk  
I’m a long time She-ra fan so I was able to appreciate the show on a number of levels, as a show on it’s own,as a reinterpretation,and see all the influences from the various previous incarnations. Also Catra. Easily my favorite part of the new show.  
I’m hoping the upcoming MOTU shows and movie can meet the high standard She-ra has set.
RavenandWritingDesk

@Dex Stewart  
I have worries based on how foam mouthed woke twitter jumped down the writing staffs throat by reading a bunch of bad intent into a lame pun. I have a bad feeling that maladjusted identitarians have decided its ‘there show’ and anything else that comes out will be torn apart by the audiances rampant paranoia telling them everyones secretly trying to hurt them or holding it to ideological purity standards no one can match.

Male homosexuals are lacking decent representation full stop and lesbian representation is usually shallow, fetishised or unrealistic so He-man comeing out of the closet without it being a parade would be a good thing, but I think too many delusional toxic assholes have attached themselves to the property right now. I think it would be better to run a Teentitans GO or leave it a few years for them to jump on the next bandwagon before doing anymore.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@RavenandWritingDesk  
Kevin Smith’s MOTU show is supposed to be a continuation of the original,so I don’t see any of those characters being suddenly gay,at least not the main characters…maybe they could get away with a side character. A character listed to be in his series is Andra who was a very close friend of Teela’s in the original. I’d really hope Adam himself isn’t gay,since a big part of him was his crush on Teela. Also,it seems like it’d be too easy,there’s enough “gay He-man” jokes.Thew She-ra was a reinterpretation from the ground up so they could go ahead and drop Arora and Sea Hawk’s romance.  
The movie and other series are intended to be reboots,so they could go ahead and alter characters. The recent DC comics certainly have.  
full  
And,this just because.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full  
Our first looks at the newest MotU show, Revelation:  
Moss Man:  
full  
Adam:  
full  
Beast Man:  
full  
He-man and the Sorceress:  
full  
Orko(I think),Ileena?,Teela,Roboto and Evil-Lyn:  
full  
Solo Teela:  
full  
Skeletor locked in combat with He-man:  
full  
Skeletor surrounded by energy:  
full  
Charging He-man:  
full  
And He-man atop Battle Cat:  
full  
I like how some elements of the 2002 series are kept here.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
More exciting news!  
The toys of the other He-man show have been revealed!  
full  
Very bulky and stylized,these remind me of the old Rescue Heroes or Spider-Man and Friends.  
full  
full
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
It’s interesting that armies appear to finally be a thing in Eternia. I like Mark Hamill as Skeletor, that’s a top tier casting choice. The animation looks nice, although I’m not sure the cgi bits are necessary or a good idea. It looks from the trailer like it’ll be an enjoyable action show. I hope they actually deliver that instead of some political vehicle. I have no faith in the entertainment industry at present.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@ANoobis  
They’ve always had armies,just not a big enough budget behind the scenes to ever show much of it.  
The live action movie wouldn’t even have featured Eternia at all,had the producers had their way.  
fullfull  
The old (and new) She-ra shows did a decent enough job showing the Horde massively outnumbering anyone else.  
full  
Comics and artwork has it a little easier portraying a large force.  
full  
full
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
full

full

If He-Man and his allies are the Masters of the Universe, and Voltron is the Defender of the Universe, would that make them allies? Or enemies?
RavenandWritingDesk

@Dex Stewart  
I don’t know how current your keeping but the first few episode synopses got leaked, Skeletor beats He-man and takes the sword, Teela finger wags at He-man for daring to keep a secret then sets off herself to get the power sword. Then when asked a direct question about it Keven pivoted to gender politics and generally REEEE’d out.

So if were lucky its bullshit and they trying to create a bunch of fake controversy to boost ratings, if were unlucky we’ll get a worse written She-ra 2.0 that instead of focusing on the story, focuses on being self congratulatory about how they put the evil white man in his place and go on to save the world with diversity.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide