General Anime Thread

General Discussion » General Anime Thread Search Posts
Dex Stewart
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I like anime’s about cute girls hanging out doing nothing,like Lucky Star. I also like Digimon and Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid.  
Centaur’s Life was awesome and I’m loving the manga.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Dex Stewart  
Twitter and social justice.

I just watched the first episode of Mewkledreamy. The premise reminds me strongly of Death Note, with the dropped book and appended magical familiar, but in this one the finder gains the powers of Freddy Krueger.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Anyone know where to watch Rebuild of Evangelion with the older dub? The new dub is godawful, but this is the only source I found for the one I’m looking for, and it has a shitty watermark on screen through the whole thing.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I’m still holding out hope for a fourth season of Ninja Girl and Samurai Master. It’s based on a 4koma that follows a ninja that serves Oda Nobunaga from his early days. Season 3 ended before the battle of Anegawa. That’s less than halfway through his time in power.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I started watching Onimai after a recommendation. I dropped it, though. The translation has just been so toothless and bland compared to the manga. I just learned that the shit localization was intentional on the part of the translator.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@lasty  
I’ve only seen the first episode. I’m watching the dub to compare with the old one. It doesn’t appear to be based on either the first series or the manga. Don’t read if you care about spoilers.

The first scene is the ship they were on exploding, so there’s no mystery to be had regarding the nature of the world they inhabit. Everyone appears to be written much broader than before. Meryl is an overconfident, smug young rookie reporter who bristles at almost everything her much more experienced, and correct, partner Roberto de Niro tells her. Meryl is an ignorant, fish-out-of-water character who teaches the audience about the world by learning about it in real time. By the end, she’s been humbled and seems less cocksure. There’s no sign of Milly so far.

Vash also reads as younger, dumber, and greener than in the old anime. And he’s only worth $$6m this time around, for some reason. He allows himself to get his ass kicked by some rando soldiers, and nearly dies from forgetting that he had no bullets on him. The captain of the soldiers owned him several times in the episode’s climax, and Vash only lived because he chose to fuck with him repeatedly instead of just shooting him. The captain also went insane for no reason and tried to kill himself, his men, and the town with a cluster bomb, which Vash destroys with the one round he was able to get his hands on.

Knives is a cackling cartoon villain as a child. As an adult, our only view of him so far is a hooded figure playing an organ like the Phantom of the Opera, while talking to himself like a crazy person.

I don’t usually like the psuedo-2D 3D art style. It makes things slower and choppier in motion, and this is no exception, though this one is nicer looking than a lot of these tend to be. This being Trigun, I know that things are meant to go serious later, so we’ll see what happens when Wolfwood shows up. Maybe serious face Vash will be better than his put-on comic persona has been. I’m already certain that Knives won’t change the tone for the darker. He’s just an over-the-top edgelord so far.

I’m not as down on the show as it may sound, but episode 1 of the 1998 anime is certainly better. I’m hoping this was just a clumsy intro because it rushed to get its characters established. There’s definitely potential to be had.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
The anime cross counter is probably my least favorite trope. It isn’t even a counter, it’s an exchange wherein two people who can’t fight punch each other simultaneously in their equally unguarded faces, and then stop moving because neither cares too much about winning. A real cross counter involves slipping an oncoming punch, and sneaking a counter hit over the opponent’s arm.
This is a cross counter.
This is a slap fight between two retards.
Posted Report
lasty
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

iwtcipp
Finished the first season of Trigun Stampede. And it’s not that it’s terrible or doesn’t work at all. It’s just not fun. Kind of like new-Vash, himself, I guess.
I’m kind of uneasy about what Milly will be like in season 2. And season 2 in general. Hopefully, they’ll use it to dust off Gazelle the Peacemaker.
@ANoobis
Using an image of Goku and Goku Urban with one arm down highlights the dumbness of it nicely.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Sounds like Netflix’s live-action One Piece adaptation is shaping up poorly, if the leaks are to be believed. It sounds impenetrable and poorly paced. I don’t get the impression from the article that many involved with the test screenings knew anything about the anime, so if this one is disrespectful to the source material like Cowboy Bebop was, we probably wouldn’t hear about it at this stage.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide