(Gasps! Shock!) Unpopular Non-pony Opinion Thread!

Absol95
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

#PSvitaNation
@Fleur de Lis  
I recently have gone into wondering why the mainline SNES Legend of Zelda game was called A Link to the Past, when there is no actual time travel(unlike OOT).  
Either its because its a prequel to NES Legend of Zelda 1, or you actually do go to the past via travelling to the Dark world(A realm or place whose mystical connection to the light world aka the world that Hyrule is more clear in the Japanese version, perhaps?). Or its allegorical.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Absol95  
Throughout the game, a big deal is made of Link being the last descendant of any Knights of Hyrule bloodline, and the seven maidens being the descendants of the Seven Wise Men. The link to the past is the descendants of the heroes of old Hyrule coming together to re-fight their ancestors’ war.

It isn’t thought through very well, because the Japanese title is Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods. NOA had a bee in their bonnet regarding anything that could be linked to religion. The localizers had to figure out an alternate subtitle themselves.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@ANoobis  
While I don’t like censoring shit on any level, I have to acknowledge that their name was probably better. The triforce gets mentioned at all, like… what? Maybe three times before the end? Meanwhile every other bit of lore on the primary plot talks about ancient wars, ancient heroes, ancient weapons & relics. Shit, one of the dungeons can’t be opened until you find a book for translating the ancient language.

I suppose that could be due to further meddling in the script, though. Now I’m kind of interested. I’ll have to look into that later.
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
@Officer Hotpants

They even censored that ancient language. In the japanese version it looks more egyptian.

full full

And they call the ocarina a “flute” even though it is obviously still an ocarina.

full full

At least they fixed this one, though.

full full
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full

I do not understand the intense vitriol people have for this movie. Like, yeah, it’s got flaws, but jeez. The way some people talk about this you’d think this was like Dragonball Evolution, Last Airbender or Godzilla ’98.
ANoobis
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Officer Hotpants  
They don’t say the word triforce that many times, but it is euphemistically referred to throughout as ‘the power of gold’ and ‘the golden power’. The triforce is actually very present in the script.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Street Sharks should have a movie starring Vin Diesel. Not as one of the sharks, but reprising his role from the toy ad where he plays with the toys.  
full
Absol95

#PSvitaNation
I don’t hate Harry Potter. Its not my favorite fantasy series, but I still like the 1st through 7th books and all the mainline films about Harry, and to a point, the first fantastic beasts movie. I definitely know that JK Rowling went downhill in her infantile kookiness about comparing Donald Trump to Voldemort and kissed ass to Hillary “Killary butcher of Benghazi” Clinton along with mostly unneeded retcons on twitter rather than making at least some more sense by actually writing books with maybe some help from other interested people. Just because an author, youtuber, artist, director, game designer, or coder has gone bonkers or off-kilter in recently months or years does NOT mean that everything that the have ever made or created is automatically shit nor garbage. ||Oh, and the fury on Twitter, Tumblr, and certain parts of Reddit concerning her being a “TERF” is truly overblown. Gender is not something that is purely separate from sex. ||
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide