Football(not American)/soccer thread.

_
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Here.  
I love fútbol, I spend a lot of time watching games and playing fútbol videogames, mostly retro ones.
_

@acres  
Hahaha that was one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen in a long time

@acres  
@Тпсс_
I never played any of the Fifa games. Mostly cause I don’t like EA at all.

Here PES was always more popular than FIFA, not only because the gameplay but also because it’s very common to edit it. A lot of people including myself still play the PS2 versions with updated patches.  
FIFA 06 it’s my fav from the series, specially Manager Mode but yeah, more than that game I barely play some FIFA. The World Cup versions were better than the regular ones imo.
_

@acres  
FIFA has been a bit more popular the recent years due to all the license stuff and mostly Ultimate Team, but yeah, PES it’s still popular as always.  
Specially since 2014 when Konami fucked up PES changing the game engine almost overnight so a lot of diehard fans changed to FIFA although Konami fixed most issues the next release.
_

Well, since we can’t go to the stadium to watch our men’s team due the virus thing, at least we can watch the women’s team since they play at the training ground.  
This is from last weekend, and yesterday there were the same or even more people.  
full
_

@acres  
I thought women’s football in the US had some popularity since the national team is the best in the world.

@UrbanMysticDee  
Ah, the 90’s what a good time in football.  
That happens when you mess with the wrong player.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
@Officer Hotpants  
Cantona is an extremely violent person who just loves fighting people. Here’s Wikipedia’s take on the incident:

On 25 January 1995 he was involved in an incident that attracted headlines and controversy worldwide. In an away match against Crystal Palace, Cantona was sent off by the referee for kicking Palace defender Richard Shaw after Shaw had frustrated Cantona throughout the game by closely marking him. As he was walking towards the tunnel, Cantona launched a ‘kung-fu’ style kick into the crowd, directed at Crystal Palace fan Matthew Simmons, a fan who had run down 11 rows of stairs to confront and shout abuse at Cantona. Simmons was alleged to have used the words “Fuck off back to France, you French bastard”. Cantona followed the kick with a series of punches. A lengthy ban from the game was regarded as inevitable, with some critics calling for Cantona to be deported and never allowed to play football in England again, while others called for him to be banned from football for life.

As well as disciplinary action from his club and The FA, Cantona was also faced with a criminal charge of assault, which he admitted to on 23 March, resulting in a two-week prison sentence, although he was freed on bail pending an appeal. This was overturned in the appeal court a week later and instead he was sentenced to 120 hours of community service, which was spent coaching children at Manchester United’s training ground. At a press conference called later, Cantona said, in a slow and deliberate manner:

“When the seagulls follow the trawler, it’s because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much.”

—Cantona’s brief, and much publicised, statement

Cantona then got up from his seat and abruptly left, leaving behind him a packed media room surprised and baffled – some roared with laughter – with those in the room trying to decipher his cryptic words. In accordance with The FA’s wishes, Manchester United’s initial action was to fine Cantona £20,000 for the assault and to confirm that he would not play for the first team for the rest of the season, although Manchester United were still in the hunt for a second double. He was also stripped of the captaincy of the French national football team by national coach Aimé Jacquet. The FA then increased the ban to eight months (up to and including 30 September 1995) and fined him a further £10,000. The FA Chief Executive Graham Kelly described his attack as “a stain on our game” that brought shame on football. FIFA then confirmed the suspension as worldwide, meaning that Cantona could not escape the ban by being transferred or loaned to a foreign club. Cantona never played for the French national team again. His club eventually lost the Premier League title to Blackburn Rovers.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
At a press conference called later, Cantona said, in a slow and deliberate manner:
“When the seagulls follow the trawler, it’s because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much.”

Sounds like he took a few to the head, too. The fuck does that mean??? You’re French; not Asian. Cut the speaking-in-riddles crap.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide