FNAF Thread

General Discussion » FNAF Thread Search Posts
TrukkinDuck
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Nopan is best pants
I’m late, but I can recommend some:

Final Nights 1-4, five nights at candy’s 1-3, Sinister turmoil sewers, five nights at fuckboy’s 1-3, popgoes, five nights at treasure Island 2020,baby’s nightmare circus and Mike and son’s Co.
Havoc
Artist - shidtist
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A shidder who has reached 1000 combined forum shids or comments.
Liberty Belle - Shids the song of the unshidded

Half Dragon, Half Meme
@TheBridge  
I actually don’t know myself. If there’s a game I really want to buy, I try to avoid as much spoilers for it as possible. I do know FNAF: Security Breach is a PS5 title. And it’s spent the longest time in development of any game in the series.

@TrukkinDuck  
One night at Flumpty’s 1 and 2, The upcoming Twisted Circus, Dormitabis, and The Joy of Creation. To name but a few.
TrukkinDuck

Nopan is best pants
@Havoc  
And don’t forget fnac 4, popgoes evergreen, porkchop’s horror show and onaf 3. They’re back!

Speaking of porkchop, porkchop’s adventure ain’t so bad too.
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I’ve never played a fnaf game and I don’t know much about the story, but I did follow the progress of the brand with great interest for a while during the early days. Cawthon caught lightning in a bottle, and he let it go. I’m not sure that he realizes how terribly he mismanaged his IP.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Havoc  
He put work into tanking it. He earned so much goodwill after FNAF 2 came out. So many people were impressed with the speed at which it came out after he announced it, the game was well recieved, he made YouTube careers for theorizers and LPers. He had an entire cottage industry sprout up around his game out of pure enthusiasm.

Then he started telling his eager fanbase that he was done. There would be no FNAF 3. And then there was. And then he was saying that he was done with the series again. There would be no FNAF 4 because he didn’t want to do FNAF anymore. And then he did. It was between FNAF 3 and 4 that he really tanked the series. His community was getting visibly upset with him for jerking their chains all over. He wasn’t interested in the series anymore and wanted it done, and why should anyone waste their investment on an IP that even the creator doesn’t care about? But then he kept making games after 4. After publicly quitting the series three times. The goodwill that he had in the beginning isn’t there anymore, it just looks like he’s flogging the series now. He still has a fan base, but it isn’t what it used to be. And he threw away his chance to make FNAF a real powerhouse.

If he had stuck to it and managed his brand, he wouldn’t be competing with Undertale for Internet niche points now. He had a marketable IP with a lot of enthusiasm behind it. He could have had a NetFlix series and a Sony Pictures movie that made $400 million at the global box office by now, if he had pushed it instead of trying to kill the series after every game.

FNAF was what most creatives go their whole lives failing to create. An IP that had the potential to reach general audiences and join pop culture.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Twitter is trying to cancel Cawthon now. He seems to be winning through the strategy of ignoring them.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@ANoobis  
FNAF having this type of drama? weird timeline. This is the kind of thing that makes me feel icky for I could see myself in a somewaht similar position (after all, canceling doesn’t just happy to big people but within extreme personal groups now). Don’t know enough about FNAF but I hope the franchise does okay, as overextended as I hear it is.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Jim Sterling joined the dogpile. I can barely believe what happened to him. I saw his shit take regarding vr games and didn’t look back, but I always kind of thought of him as the games journalism equivalent to Bill Maher. Up his own ass, and more concerned with huffing his own farts than being a serious journalist, but basically sane, if not someone I cared to pay attention to. Seeing him like this only six years later is a trip.
TrukkinDuck

Nopan is best pants
Scott should have what I call a ‘clean community’, so if anything bad happens, the fans will voice their frustrations, mostly in a good way.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide