Disney Sucks

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
It’s being reported that Bob Iger is back as CEO. If true, that means that Disney is a China-first company again.
Posted Report
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
It seems that Mexicans aren’t happy about their representation in Wakanda Forever. Naturally, the media complex has taken to lecturing them on how racist Mexico is.
Posted Report
Adán Druego
Artist -

@ANoobis  
I, honestly, hate how this woke trash way of thinking tries to spread like a disease.

I’ve said it before, the blacks or darkest of all with come for us all eventually.

First, they come for the Whites and I said nothing because I wasn’t White.  
Then, they come for the Asians and I said nothing because I wasn’t Asian.  
Then, they come for the Hispanics and I said nothing because I wasn’t Hispanic.  
Finally, they come for the uh… Muslims or Natives and there was no one left to say anything for me.

The situation the White race currently find itself in should serve as an example as to what will occur when a people betray their own interests to appease and cater to the blacks and their demands.  
What? I’m a bit of an old Eugenicist with a background in the creation of racial theories that are now considered high bigoted etc.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@ANoobis  
I called it.  
Seriously, previous page or so.

It actually kind of was racist. But wewuz so it’s fine.

@Adan Druego  
It’s all the Jews. It’s been the Jews at Disney since they probably had Walt killed for being anti-communist in the wrong way.
Posted Report
Amagan

@ANoobis  
Mexico is racist?

Well then, we’ve got grounds to permanently close the border and stop allowing all those racist illegal immigrants into the country if they’re going to hate black people. They can’t claim that it’s racist to keep racists out of a racist country.
Posted Report
Amagan

So some Disney employee gave an interview and admitted they refuse to hire fans of the source material, especially with the MCU, because being a fan of the source material is a “huge red flag” to them.

Instead they go out of their way to hire people who hate the source material who want to defame and degrade beloved characters as much as possible so they’ll be nothing more than laughing stocks.
Posted Report
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Amagan  
Punisher and Daredevil are coming back with their original crews.  
Deadpool is coming back with Hugh Jackman guest starring.  
Namor stuck pretty close to the roots of his character, despite his origin being tweaked.  
Guardians of the Galaxy also stuck very close to it’s source.  
No Way Home had respect for two completely separate continuities, neither of which were Disney.

Then again, their recent shows have sucked hard, and I really have zero interest in most MCU movies.  
Ms.Marvel I watched the first episode of, and it was meh. Pretty good, but clearly not going to follow the comic story I loved, despite all the pieces being there to do so. I dropped it, but it looks like it’s built up it’s own audience.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@ANoobis  
I don’t imagine Apple would want to buy it. Apple’s whole image is based on having a carefully curated and small customer interface. Disney is the exact opposite. It’s a massive company with tendrils into everything.

Microsoft is much more likely.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
I suspect these Apple rumors were put out by Iger to try to inflate share prices after they cratered again the day after he took over. I don’t think he or the board expected the boost to last about 6 hours.

The word is the board, Blackrock and Vanguard, were upset Cheapek was cutting the diversity crowd. I don’t think I believe that. I think that was put out by the anti-Iger people.

The real story is Disney won’t be bought until they fall further. Buy low. The whole company is woke as can be, Iger or Chapek crowd, and so is every company that would buy them.
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

I know NOTHING
@ANoobis  
That just sounds like a nightmare deal making some corporate media monster. Though I am a skeptic on it. Buying Disney would be a far more complicated affair than say, Amazon buying MGM, as Disney has a lot of legacy assets and proprieties that could get complicated (not just their parks, but stuff like ABC). Doing so would be a bad idea for any company unless they could get that at a real bargain and avoid too many regulatory obligations.

@Dex Stewart  
Especially if the deal falls through or they break up later (flashbacks to CBS and Viacom spiting and the chaos that caused).

@ponypony221  
>The real story is Disney won’t be bought until they fall further. Buy low  
Yeah, that would be the smart move. If the stock market doesn’t crash, then Disney is still too high and Anyone who buys Disney just gets saddled with debt and obligations with a still possibly shacky outlook for streaming. If they buy after a crash, they get it cheap and even in a hard recession probably have deep enough pockets to weather the storm and build a powerhouse with some of Disney’s assets for better or worse.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
I guess Disney released a new animated movie that I didn’t hear of called Strange World. It seems to be underperforming already, and the media complex is fretting that it’ll end up a flop.
Posted Report
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide