Disney Sucks

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Disney is banking on the Metaverse to be their future. I’m not looking forward to the coming Matrix future run by a tiny cabal of tech billionaires and Disney.
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

I know NOTHING
@ANoobis  
I know of the word’s sordid origins and how many elites intent for us. Though, for all this onimous things being cooked up there is often a air of incompetence and stupidity. Facebook, now know as meta, maybe evil but is also stupid in the dystopia they are trying to create. One thing I know about Disney is that they do not always grasp tech and thus is it very much a buzzword in whatever usage they mean, just parroting what the cool kids are saying.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
They were already replacing Snow White with some latina chick, that was bad enough. But now, Peter Dinklage has whined so hard and long about stereotyping that Disney is replacing the seven dwarves with some kind of cgi ‘magical creatures’. It’s an absolute joke to call this Snow White at all.

And apparently, Dinklage is just cool with erasing seven paying acting jobs for little people?
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@ANoobis  
What was even his issue? I read two articles and all he seemed to say was he didn’t like the dwarves living in caves.  
Which…they never did…they worked in a cave because they were mining. They lived in a cottage.  
Also yeah, Snow White being Latina means her name has to come from something other than her light skin. I can’t think of any possible way that won’t be total cringe. Then again, it’s a live action Disney remake. It’s not like it was ever going to be good.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@ANoobis  
@Dex Stewart  
On Snow White, I normally don’t mind multiracial casting, though this is one seems one of the few cases I would agree that is hard to justify.

On the dwarves, I somewhat cringe at this as I can imagine there will be a attempt on mythical dwarf portrayals being politicized now. Granted, I can understand the argument of them being intertwined on some level but there is significant separation of some aspects of mythical dwarfs from mythology and fantasy and real little people that to take them one and one I imagine would be awful for a whole host of things, from DnD to proper analysis of certain mythology.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Whoopi Goldberg is suspended for two weeks for her remarks about the holocaust. They fired and tried to unperson Gina Carano for much less, but Whoopi was going to go unpunished until people started making noise about what she said on the view.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@ANoobis  
I read about that. She said the holocaust wasn’t about race. Later she went back and said that Hitler considered jewish people a “lesser race” so she was wrong and sorry about it.  
Even though Hitler was wrong, Jewish isn’t a race. It’s a religious ethnicity.  
Gina Carano was a bad actor who should never have been hired in the first place.
IvanSatoru
Artist -

Angle-Considerer
@Dex Stewart  
I don’t know if GC was a bad actor. She didn’t even do anything remotely wrong and I don’t know why she was fired other than Disney is run by Jews and her comments about treating each other with respect opposes Jewish dogma and of course they can’t have that, except she was almost immediately snatched up by the Daily Wire which is also Jew owned and run.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Disney is going to start developing gated communities for rich influencers. It’s called Storyliving, and it sounds like a Vault-Tec project to me.

This isn’t the first time Disney has done something like this. EPCOT was originally supposed to be a colony testing the viability of Walt’s vision for America’s future. They also have a town called Golden Oak in Walt Disney World, maintain a high level of control in a Disney-planned city called Celebration just outside Disney World, and are building both their own 55+ community and a new company town onto the already existing planned-community of Lake Nona, Orlando.

The difference between this Stoyliving thing and what they’ve done before is that when they built Celebration, they divested themselves of most of their control over the town. This time, they will be treating it like Golden Oak, fully owning it, despite being outside their resort. And unlike Celebration, which borders their resort, these Storyliving communities are planned to be spread all over the country.

As a final note, their first Storyliving community, the proof-of-concept one which is called Cotino, is going to be in Coachella Valley. California is already in the midst of a severe water crisis, to the point that even water rights holders like farmers aren’t getting their allotment. I don’t know where they’re planning to get the water to service this new Palm Springs suburb of theirs. This Cotino place is supposed to have a 24 acre ‘grand oasis’ at the center.

full
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@ANoobis  
So many of our elite seemed to be under the thrall of such evil. I really don’t know what to say here. While I doubt that every Disney employee is participating or complicit it gives me a certain cynicism of anyone of any rank of power.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Disney is in hot water for the Indianettes cheer squad performance. Disney is pretending that they were blindsided, even though they’ve hosted this squad before, and the routine isn’t new.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Today was the walk-out that’s nominally in protest of Florida’s education bill. The protest was organized in California, and if you look at the list of demands, it seems the walk-out was meant to pressure Disney into stopping their plans to move employees to Florida, and the bill seems to be a convenient smoke screen. Only about 100 people showed up to the protest in California, and one person protested in Florida.
Havoc
Artist - shidtist
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A shidder who has reached 1000 combined forum shids or comments.
Liberty Belle - Shids the song of the unshidded

Half Dragon, Half Meme
@ANoobis  
Gotta love how upset they’ve got because they can’t sexually mutate 5 year olds. Kinda makes me think those people have some nonos on their hard drives…
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
Disney seems to have caved to the walk-out. Chapek is trying to appease them by creating a “task force” whose only function is to ensure that Disney puts more lgbt material in its childrens’ programming. A lesbian kiss has been added to Lightyear, also thrown in as an attempt to appease activist employees. This will backfire, because it’ll be just like the one is Rise of Skywalker. They’ll cut it for international markets, and the net result will be more outrage than would have existed if they hadn’t done it at all.

None of this has been enough, of course. The new list of demands the employees have given the company includes a freeze on all ride development in Florida. Due to the education bill, what these people ultimately want is for Disney World to relocated from Orlando to some other location. Usually Portland is what I hear thrown out as the alternative. The fact that it would cost a small nation’s GDP to rebuild the resort from scratch doesn’t enter into their calculations, naturally.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide