Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

Anonymous #5F71
Ah. So this explains the sudden influx of shitposting and spamming I’ve seen on /mlp/, especially the “I do what I want”, “Artists are entitled to nothing” and “DNP’rs are traitors” derails that popped out everywhere.

/mlp/ really needs individual poster IDs.
Anonymous #E4A5
@Havoc  
Anonymous shitposting for its own sake is the point of 4chan. On a related point, not an art thread goes by in 4chan’s /mlp/ board that doesn’t get raided by very determined, very angry people telling the artists they suck and should kill themselves. I and many others suspect TSP and Wootmaster are sending out their flying monkey minions to shit up our art threads and drive artists away.
Anonymous #5F71
@Havoc  
See, most people just assume that 4chan is a complete anarchy with all anons doing nothing but insult each other, when actually it’s a place with it’s own set of very specific rules and accepted/rejected behaviors. That’s why it’s always so easy to spot the outsiders and newcomers.

To make it short, 4chan basically works like this:

full

And outsiders can never fit in because they never had any intention to share anything of worth in the first place.
Anonymous #428A
@Officer Hotpants  
Pretty sure the cabal of retards that run the largest MLP sites these days have always hated that the fandom originated on 4chan instead of tumblr, for obvious reasons. Derpi’s staff tend to be more open about it, but it’s clear the others do everything they can to avoid acknowledging /mlp/’s involvement in anything, both past and current.
Anonymous #5F71
@Anonymous #428A  
The “nicer” people from the “nicer” communities have never been able to get over stuff like this.

full

Their communities never tried to make any charity rallies to help out others, while 4chan and individual boards like /mlp/ has been doing that at a regular basis. But they still think they are the nice ones and keep claiming that whatever good deeds 4chan has done do not count because they said so.  
/mlp/ also had Pencils, aka the only pony fan who ended up officially working for the franchise, so that’s another thing that makes the others feel livid with rage and envy.
Anonymous #E4A5
@Anonymous #5F71  
I don’t know Pencils personally and I don’t speak for him, but when there were Anon’s Pie Adventure threads, there were a small number of extremely persistent, extremely abrasive tards giving him a ration of shit every time he posted. This may be why we don’t hear from him any more, at least using his tripcode. I find myself wondering whether it was just a coincidence.
user7853
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

@Anonymous #5F71  
i often think that the “yes the fandon started in 4chan but it has since evolved past it” argument has some merit but then i see the marenheit pack’s collected funds, the drawthreads, the ammount of altboorus (is that one sjw altbooru even a thing anymore? i forgot its name) and said merit seems extremely small, i guess most people just dont have the concept of “the silent mayority”

while i think that the constant glimmer and barbie spam on /mlp/ turned it into more of a hellhole, i preferr that to 99% of twitter and most other pony sites

i’ve had people question me why i moved here, saying stuff among the lines of “its just a circlejerk of people hating of derpi like its the incarnation of satan himself”, and my response is “perhaps, but in there people are atleast reasonable and i dont run the risk of running into the special users who somehow avoid bans like they avoid showers”
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

I know NOTHING
@TeamBlueplant  
I think it does, perhaps more so in the past then the present. In reality both sides have always been more connected and integrated then either like to admit. I would wager that a lot of more “social media” centric people bled out while people who are more invested in the sites themselves are somewhat more likely to be “channer adjacent” in a very lose sense and that has only helped fuel the cultural conflict we have here heating up over cooling down with a simple purge of edginess that happened to a lot of fandoms/other web communitie over the past few years.

@Anonymous #5F71  
>Their communities never tried to make any charity rallies to help out others,  
Are you sure? I am trying to recall. I know Equestria Daily has always boosted a lot of other fandom charities and often a lot of people involved in that “horse famous elite” work together so that maybe a little unfair to them. Ponychan though I can’t recall of anything but I wasn’t ever heavily involved with the day to day affairs there.

>But they still think they are the nice ones and keep claiming that whatever good deeds 4chan has done do not count because they said so.  
That is still stupid and 100% true attitude I have seen as well.

>/mlp/ also had Pencils, aka the only pony fan who ended up officially working for the franchise  
Hasn’t there been a few others who have at least gotten partly involved at bits? First off the top of my head is Imalou though I know I see both groups claim her as one of their own at times and can be split Ick, she sometimes posts on 4chan versus ick she said X SJW thing.
NorthyDreams
Artist -

Prince of Monsters
@TheBridge  
It’s Imalou and Pencils, to my knowledge, and Imalou was hired for G5, not G4.

As for charity efforts, the community on /b/ used to compete with Notch for who could be the highest donors during the start of the Humble Bundles. It’s largely due to the pony community on /b/ and Notch that Humble Bundle (one of the most successful charity organizations of the modern era) has thrived. It’s hard for any other sector of the community to compete with that one.
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

I know NOTHING
the community on /b/ used to compete with Notch for who could be the highest donors during the start of the Humble Bundles. It’s largely due to the pony community on /b/ and Notch that Humble Bundle  
Neat. I did not know that!

That anon was making the point of the franchise in general but I imagine for a lot that division matters on what counts as a “win” or not.
NorthyDreams
Artist -

Prince of Monsters
@TheBridge  
My point is that the 4chan pony community has always been charitable, all the way back to early, early 2011 – when Nature Wind first signed his maximum size blood donation from all 250 of us with names, literally writing out every single one of our trips by hand on his donor slip.

The spirit of the community may have changed some since then, but that factor holds true. It always will.
user7853

@TheBridge  
in retrospecrive i always laugh at the fact that there is all this infighting and drama about a little girls cartoon that teaches about friendship, tolerance and whatnot
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@TeamBlueplant  
But seeeeee, they’re not FRIENDSHIPPING and TOLERANTING in the right way, which means they all must die in the most grievous ways!  
Tumblr, twitter, Derpi, and TSP in particular are as “friendly” and “tolerant” as Islam is “peaceful” in exactly the same way. “Islam is peaceful and if you say otherwise we’ll bomb your workplace and behead you!“
Anonymous #B19F
@TeamBlueplant  
The show’s lessons never reflected in the community.  
What it’s worse, Derpi and Twitter use it as a mere excuse for their narrative. As if they really were the epitome of friendship, tolerance and free speech.
Anonymous #5F71
@TheBridge  
I have no memory of any charity drive organized by Equestria Daily or Derpibooru themselves.

I remember having seen those sites advertising other people’s charities, but I don’t think that both sites ever organized one of their own, because if they had done it, they would have never stopped bragging and grandstanding about that whenever they were on their usual “4chan sucks, unlike US!” rants. If anything, all I remember was Lightingbolt hijacking the Mareheit charity artpack to complain and demand some artists to make a piss fetish artpack to suit her repugnant sex fetish and that’s it.

/mlp/ alone made some charity blood drives, food drives, pasta drives, fundng drives and at a point, the musicfags created original music and all profits from it were sent to support an autism fundation. Probably I’m forgetting other charity drives as well.

Regarding Pencils, yes. A group of very loud and tiring derpi members used to shit on his fancomic at a daily basis until he got hired by IDW and so they changed their tune to try to praise and claim they loved him all along so their previous bad behavior was just a misunderstanding and excuses like that. However, they still go to /mlp/ to shit on him and vandalize his comic threads while Equestria Daily also shits on his IDW comic issues just because of his link to 4chan, because people who live on the internet can never admit they are wrong about something, period.  
Pencils has been incredibly patient about that bad behavior, though.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Double-0 Negative
@Anonymous #5F71  
Is there anything quite as patronizing as a stranger who calls you “dear” over and over like your mother trying to explain “grown up problems” to you?

@NorthyDreams  
Haven’t seen you around in a while. Welcome back (assuming you actually left and I didn’t just miss all your posts).
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide