Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

Anonymous #428A
@Officer Hotpants  
That’s what we’re talking about. The “discouragement bans”, because if they leave by themselves they have no evidence of our wrongdoing!
Psy Key
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Cocky Scamp
@Anonymous #428A  
Meanwhile, I can invoke my state-given privacy rights and at any moment tell Derpibooru to delete all information on or relevant to me.

How interesting it is to see new-age commies suddenly fall prey to the simple demands of the average American with given rights.

The only thing funnier would be Derpibooru banning the entirety of California’s IP range in order to somehow say they don’t have California connections, which is required (50,000 of them) to to invoke the privacy act.

They wouldn’t do that, though, because they receive significant traffic from California.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

They wouldn’t do that, though, because they receive significant traffic from California.
Do they? You’d think all that traffic would leave to Twitter and manebooru.
Psy Key

Cocky Scamp
@Barhandar  
By cross-referencing multiple different types of data, I can infer that at least 4.58% of Derpibooru’s traffic comes from California alone. Maybe more. Here’s what I took into consideration:

• Population density | California is the most pop. dense state at Around 40,000,000 people.  
  • Estimated number of current bronies in the US | 6 million median. 4 million small. 8 million large.  
  • Estimated percentage of US population being brony | About 1.83% median. 1.23% small. 2.44% large.  
  • Derpibooru total monthly visits | 5.21 million. 1.96 million are from the US.  
  • Estimated percentage of US bronies that visit Derpibooru | 32.67%  
  • Estimated Number of bronies in California | 732,000  
  • Estimated percentage of California bronies that visit Derpibooru monthly | 32.67%. Around 239,120.  
  • Estimated percentage of Derpibooru’s traffic from California | 4.58%

The end percentage can go up or down depending on the estimated number of bronies in the US. 4.58% of traffic from a single location, when considering the entire planet, is a pretty big number. Imagine just getting rid of upwards of 5% of your traffic simply because you don’t like 1 person who lives in that area. It sounds like a small number, but from an analytics standpoint, it’s a pretty big hit for no real gain. I don’t know of any company that would take such a risk, knowing the implications.

And remember, the privacy act only needs 50,000 unique connections.

@Anonymous #428A  
    Interestingly, this is actually a case of percentages and real numbers getting mixed up. The percentage of Californians leaving California, by political party, are largely republican, followed by independent. Democrats in California are experiencing an uptick in percentage of voters purely because of this exodus.

The amount of Californians that have left, however, is not large. 650,000 people SOUNDS major, but when you consider all of the US states that are main destinations of the Californian exile, you get less than 1% if you spread it evenly.

No other state should worry about left-wing Californians entering their state. If there is some, it’s the minority. States should be welcoming republican Californians because they’ve specifically fled California due to political and economic reasons, and red states are much better off in the price of living to wage ratio. Not to mention every other factor that is California specific (or SF and LA specific, really). If any left-wing Californians move to, say, Texas, they’re going to move to Austin more than likely. I doubt left-wing Californians are so stupid as to try and change politics in red-major counties when their numbers are so incredibly low. They’re smart enough to know that concentration of their politics gives them the best edge in any political election or decision. The possibility, for example, that Texas will become a swing-state is non-zero, and right now the number of Californians going to Texas, and the likelihood of even 1/10th of those being democrat, makes the notion completely ridiculous. However, this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be on your guard. With enough people in key areas, yes, Texas could become a California, where the ruling votes come from the least number of counties, thus representing the least communities.

The democrat plan is to enslave you politically, economically, and mentally. DO NOT LET THEM.
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

I know NOTHING
@Anonymous #428A  
I don’t remember it having anything to do with cloudflare but it has been awhile.

@Anonymous #6C76  
Do we have any idea who they would be targeting with this rangeban though? Unless their is something I don’t know about this very well could be a nothing burger I’ve been busy trying to save pony vids on Youtube so if I have missed out on something obvious, sorry.
Psy Key

Cocky Scamp
@Barhandar  
In those instances, I really can’t say they KNOW the implications. When you’re on leftist bullshit, or are a leftist, I don’t believe you are capable of forethought or understanding of those besides yourself.
KillswitchEngageHyperFanatic
Liberty Belle - A bell rings once again in honor of the unchained.  (Attended our anniversary picture.)

More Than Just A Fanboy
Hey guys. I was abscent for some time because my Internet was failing and I don’t like to put information of my accounts in public computers. So I’m back, and for curiosity, in one of the computers of my job, I entered to Derpibooru, and if I’m honest, the air I breathe inside that place feels contaminated. Maybe is because I’m getting used to the users, freedom speech, and the people here (That includes the administrators, they’re nice), or maybe it’s because now I can see behind the facade of the users who think everything is okay in Derpibooru. Poor innocents…
Psy Key

Cocky Scamp
@KillswitchEngageHyperFanatic  
I’d argue it’s not innocence, but ignorance (or even worse, arrogance) that’s the predominant factor among most Derpi users who are not artists. I don’t think you can be naïve about Derpibooru’s lack of freedom of speech and expression. That would require hearing the argument that Derpibooru is against expression that is not in lockstep with the leftist political narrative, in order to deny that such a thing would occur. It is for this reason that I argue the predominant factor is ignorance, because most users are likely completely unaware of how restrictive the environment is on their expression.

In fact, most of Derpibooru’s users are probably lurkers, and don’t interact at all, so the likelihood of experiencing a miscarriage of decency is non-zero.

The way I see it, you now have 3 major types of MLP booru users on the internet, and anything else is negligible. You have those that use Derpibooru simply because they either don’t know, don’t care, or agree with the staffs ideals. You have those that left Derpibooru because of the incident and further behavior of the staff and are now on other sites, such as Ponybooru. And lastly, you have those that still use Derpibooru because it’s the only MLP booru that has the largest audience.

Most artists fall into category 3. Some users fall into category 3, but unfortunately counting ALL MLP booru users it’s likely most overall fall into category 1.

And when it comes to category 1, you have 2 major concepts which influence those wishing to stay. You have those that believe they don’t make a noise or express, so they won’t be a target and thus they don’t worry. These people trade freedom for security, and deserve neither. Then you have those that believe because they agree with the ideals and happenings that they won’t eventually become a target. These people trade their individualism for security, which isn’t as reprehensible and disgusting as trading freedom for security, but all the same it will eventually be what gets them further in the trap.
KillswitchEngageHyperFanatic
Liberty Belle - A bell rings once again in honor of the unchained.  (Attended our anniversary picture.)

More Than Just A Fanboy
@Psy Key  
When I said poor innocents wasn’t really literal, but I can agree with you in the fact that they’re definitely or ignorants, or arrogants. Otherwise, nobody could stay in that place for too long; I’m serious when I say I had a heavy feeling of tension felt in that place. Didn’t stay enough time to find any user showing signs of arrogance, probably because I just entereted the main page, not touching the forums or older images in that day. But with the time I was there I can confirm the interactions between the users is pretty poor. It’s like everyone were just strangers; And yes, I know they’re technically strangers, however in Internet should be easy to keep a little conversation about a topic in the images. Derpibooru is supposed to be an active place for the fandom, and feels desolated for that absense of interaction by their users. Kinda sad seeing this decay again with my own eyes.

And lastly, you have those that still use Derpibooru because it’s the only MLP booru that has the largest audience.

I can’t confirm that, but honestly I don’t have any better idea to justify the artist who still remains in the site. Most of them have DeviantArt, Pixiv, Inkbunny or Twitter accounts, but since those websites are made for art in general, I guess is easier to attract more users to their pages leaving their art with sources in Derpibooru. The traffic still high in Derpi. Based in my experience, I find inconceivable that normal people stay in Derpibooru just because the traffic is higher, because if the interactions between users are poor, almost abscent, then that traffic it’s only a decoration in the buttons of the site. You can’t chat, you can’t interact, it’s like looking for company in a ghost town.

Changing the subject, about the other type of users: Sounds funny how the two remaining types have something in common: They accept indirectly they’re living in a dictatorship, because how you said, they both are trying to stay away of the administration look. Staying away with different metods, but those are just temporary solutions. The most drastic but also effective solutions is just leave the site and go away, to another Booru, or with accounts in different art sites following their favorite artists. Why stay? Why keeping alive that dictatorship? Well, probably because one of the most prominent abilities of the extreme Left, it’s make people think they’re bigger and greater than they really are. Bread and circus for the people.
Anonymous #5F71
From my experience, derpi users were nothing but either circlejerking yesmen, or misfits who failed to fit in any other communities, or just broken people who used the site to do nothing but bitch and play victim over anything.  
That’s hardly a community where artists or just average people would want to go to make friends and chat, especially since I remember that the most active users not only were not artists, but also had such a bad behavior that they kept pushing artists away from them.
Anonymous #6C76
@Anonymous #5F71  
I think that’s not completely fair. A significant number of artists posted in the comments sections there to discuss their work. That was one of the main things that I went there for (past tense).

This is not to say that most of the userbase, including the moderators, doesn’t fit that description pretty well.
Anonymous #5F71
@Anonymous #6C76  
I got this straight from the mouth of several popular artists, including The Weaver, who quit derpi because he got tired of assholes using his galleries to run sexual roleplays there and they not just attacked him after he asked them to stop, but also tried to paint him as a faker and demanded him to prove he was the real artist and real uploader and even then they still tried to get the last word and still tried to paint him as a fun hating bully, etc.  
When you manage to piss off even a super nice and relaxed guy like The Weaver you know you have some realy bad people among your users, and yet the staff did nothing to put any sense of order there.

And that’s not counting the endless swarm of idiotic people who stalked popular artists to try to sexualize, vandalize, politize or shoe in their personal fetishes or headcanons on their galleries, demanding everyone to respect their free speech and human rights while they abused the report button to silence and get rid of people who called them out or their tiring behavior.
Anonymous #B19F
@Anonymous #6C76  
To be honest the time I spent in Derpi almost never the most known artists commented in their pics, just a few who were also active users in forums or they plainy were part of the staff circlejerking.  
I have always seen them discussing either in other social media or Discord rather than Derpi.
Anonymous #6C76
@Anonymous #5F71  
Oof. It’s official, then. Derpibooru is why we can’t have nice things.

@Anonymous #B19F  
I’m thinking mainly of Pony Quarantine and Slamjam here, of course. Pencils used to come to threads on 4chan’s /mlp/ discussing his “Anon’s Pie Adventure” comic. Others had Tumblrs, I think, and/or Deviantart pages. I avoid Dicksword chats just on general principles but it would not surprise me to learn that artists go there.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide