Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

Zaknel
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ezekiel 33:11
Perhaps I should get one final word.

Being bad at being a moderation team is one thing. Trying to cover it up is far, far worse.

If Ciaran just ignored mistreated people, that would be bad. When he says outright he does not do any of the things he does and that anyone who proves he does is just an evil channer rat, then that is far, far worse.

When the staff say that nobody cared about the Nazi drama, people get pissed off because they did. When Ciaran says the staff do not act unilaterally, it angers me because I have actually proven that he does in fact act independently many times. When he says to just report stuff, I get pissed because I have reported people for making death threats, and the staff went out of their way to ensure that person faced no consequences for it. When they say that you should not order users to not reply to you, I get pissed off because they have let other users do just that to me.

it’s things like this that make people lose hope. Digging their head like an ostrich in the sand until the complaints go away just means they will come back louder. And so they do.

And lying about their lives, saying that they are so much more successful than the users they interact with (in particular Ciaran who said that Northern’s employment history is pathetic compared to his, and he should understand that) just makes us think of them as losers the more we realize that that is not true.

That is the problem with Derpibooru.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full  
When I refreshed the page,the original post about Luftkrieg and anon filly were deleted.full  
Also I think the diamond dog oc has a Bunch Hartman style. Which is fine.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Sapphie
Not a big fan of muting words, phrases, or hashtags. There’s too many potential meanings and intents. It could be serious, it could be a good shitpost, it could be a playful joke. Plus it relies on the poster using them correctly. Tags are much more suitable to filter, and you can correct them when they’re wrong.

I missed that earlier. I like muting words because it works. With how much I have muted, I really don’t get that much political bs on my dash. I’m sure I’ve missed one or two pony pics that I would have wanted to see because a word was used wrong. But I’d rather miss a tiny bit of content than have to deal with artists’ shitty takes
Anonymous #F1CA
This place already has backups of everything, Right? Cause I’m seriously considering deleting my derpi account, but I don’t want years of my work to vanish into that furry hell hole.
Anonymous #428A
@Anonymous #5F71  
>guys, stop saying mean things about us, we edited out the stinky white filly to appease ourselves and act as if it’s a compromise, see?  
Best part of the whole thread.  
@Anonymous #F1CA  
There’s holes in the imports. Check your artist tag (the other altboorus may have more or less images, the holes are different for each) if you’re worried about it.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

>guys, stop saying mean things about us, we edited out the stinky white filly to appease ourselves and act as if it’s a compromise, see?
Best part of the whole thread.
Not really any different from their behavior in July.  
“We want 0% censorship! All you’ve had to do is NOTHING!”  
“We want 100% the censorship! Death to nazis, death to pedos!”  
“Okay guys how about we compromise on 50% censorship”  
“I said NO censorship, fucker!”  
“I said ALL the censorship, nazipedotransphobeinfidel scum!”  
“Ok how about 200% censorship, deal?”
Anonymous #428A
@Barhandar  
See, at least in July there was something to compromise since the scope was so broad. Here the only two options are ‘include’ or ‘don’t include’. Not much compromising you can do there.

It’s also funny that the stated reason is because Luftkrieg is ‘controversial’, since they made her controversial back in July! You can’t make this shit up.
Barhandar
Artist -

@Anonymous #B19F  
It’s a self-perpetuating circus.

@Anonymous #428A  
Technically there was no possibility of compromise (unless you use the ironic definition, that being “the solution that leaves everyone equally dissatisfied”). There were three options back then: “fulfill one side’s demands”, “fulfill the other side’s demands”, or “keep trying to appease both while flipflopping and repeatedly proving adminstrative incompetence, resulting in both sides being pissed off”. And it’s obvious which one was picked.

Speaking of said other side, how’s manebooru doing?  
>It’s also funny that the stated reason is because Luftkrieg is ‘controversial’, since they made her controversial back in July! You can’t make this shit up.  
The best joke isn’t even that, it’s the blood guilt and unironic racism - “this filly is aryan (white coat and yellow mane) therefore she is a NAZI REEE! she was also born to nazis, therefore she is A NAZI REEEE!”.
Anonymous #428A
@Barhandar  
It was an absolutely shit idea, that much is undeniable. But it was a possibility, unlike here.  
I’m just glad derpi is continuing to show that, despite what they say, they still believe they did nothing wrong back in July. Maybe more people will finally realize how unfit to run a booru they are.
Barhandar
Artist -

@Anonymous #428A  
Also come to think of it, technically there’s also a third option here: “apologize for not including Luftkrieg on bogus reasons, promise to include any such OC on the next collab as the current one isn’t really easy to change”. And also fourth: “replace furries and fucking Bernie what the fuck is an IRL politician doing in a pony collab with Luftkrieg and Filly”. But they’re basically subsets of “include” option and hence can be disregarded.
Barhandar
Artist -

@Anonymous #428A  
>I’m just glad derpi is continuing to show that, despite what they say, they still believe they did nothing wrong back in July.  
You can rest assured that they’ll keep doing that, no matter what happens.  
>Maybe more people will finally realize how unfit to run a booru they are.  
Only if userbase (who is there for ponies) is actually exposed to their shenanigans. Did they ever even put an announcement up about collab being finished?

@Acres  
It’s still useful as a way to show people that no, it’s not about excluding “politics” or “stuff that will have negative impact on the final image”, it’s about excluding undesirables.  
Basically nazis have tried to purge the physically and mentally disabled, the pendulum swung back, and it’s now mentally disabled trying to purge others under pretext of them being “nazis”.
Anonymous #5F71
The sad thing about this new derpi screwup is that they could have saved face by staying silient after /mlp/ called out the obvious derpi damage control raid, but by deleting the posts that made them look bad they made evident that it was once again a derpistaffer attempting to infiltrate /mlp/ to downplay a screwup and put out fires.

They are completely obsessed with /mlp/ despite their endless claims about it being a shithole filled with people and opinions they totally don’t care about, and they never learn from their infinite screwups no matter what.
Acres
Rampant Alicorn - The majestic steed of a blessed crusade
A toast - Incredibly based (but on what?)
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Donor | Applejack - Wait, this isn't Lyra's...
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Renowned Sound)

Is there any proof that it’s actually or admins the mods deleting comments/covering things up? I don’t spend any time on /mlp/ so I don’t know myself. Like is it 100% confirmed?

If it’s just derpi white knights then I can’t hold the mods/admins accountable for those people.
Barhandar
Artist -

@Acres  
There isn’t a particular reason for jannies to delete posts selectively, moreso these kind of posts, so it’s most likely the users themselves doing it.  
No, it’s not in any way a guarantee that it’s actually derpi staff posting, and not just whiteknights/their pet autists. There’s certainly no way to tell by degree of retardation. But the pattern of rugsweeping is there.  
@Anonymous #5F71  
>They are completely obsessed with /mlp/ despite their endless claims about it being a shithole filled with people and opinions they totally don’t care about, and they never learn from their infinite screwups no matter what.  
I mean, what did you expect?
Anonymous #428A
@Acres  
There were a few screencaps of the leaked chat logs that showed the staff admitting they go to /mlp/ specifically to derail threads they don’t like, but I didn’t save them.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide