Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

Adán Druego
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

{Attachments}
full
[16-Jun-20 04:48 PM] Teaspoon#9532
Oh, that’s why they followed me
[16-Jun-20 04:48 PM] Teaspoon#9532
Thought it was odd
[16-Jun-20 04:49 PM] Itsthinking#8251
I’m always amused by /mlp/ and how they think we don’t have staff that go there
[16-Jun-20 04:49 PM] Itsthinking#8251
Like did they think they would be sneaky about this?
[16-Jun-20 04:50 PM] Teaspoon#9532
Dude they’re on 4chan, you gotta be an elite hacker to post on 4chan
[16-Jun-20 04:51 PM] Teaspoon#9532
We’re just normie scrubs trapped in our liberal SJW echochamber and would literally meltdown if we read through 3 full posts of true free thinkers on 4chan

Here they’re mostly focusing on Ponybooru, but they’d been discussing other “altboorus” as well.

[08-Jul-20 06:53 PM] WiFiWitch#6285
Well hope they enjoy digging their own grave
[08-Jul-20 06:53 PM] Raptorshy#6268
Technically it would escalate to more but I’m keeping things light right now
[08-Jul-20 06:53 PM] WiFiWitch#6285
that’s fair
[08-Jul-20 06:54 PM] WiFiWitch#6285
I should vector that some day ( :zombiepony: digging his own grave,not ponybooru related)
[08-Jul-20 06:54 PM] Mikey#7286
O hand cock
[08-Jul-20 06:54 PM] Mikey#7286
:lul:
[08-Jul-20 06:54 PM] Aureai#8851
I just hope this can give a slightly better reputation to Derpibooru in these times for actually respecting its community without abusive rules :shrugpony:
[08-Jul-20 06:55 PM] WiFiWitch#6285
same
[08-Jul-20 06:55 PM] WiFiWitch#6285
they call us mean and then they openly mock artists/users and add more rules and some people actually think that’s better and nicer somehow
[08-Jul-20 06:56 PM] WiFiWitch#6285
starting to think that it’s mainly a case of “it’s okay if we do it”
[08-Jul-20 06:56 PM] Mikey#7286
yea
[08-Jul-20 06:57 PM] wren#0114
who is “they” though in this case
[08-Jul-20 06:57 PM] wren#0114
there’s a lot of ppl trying to make similar boorus now, and most really don’t agree with each others’ approaches
[08-Jul-20 06:57 PM] Joey#9000
“Someone should upload Dilarus’s art to ponybooru” - don’t. The goal is for ya to not be the bad guys. That’s kinda a dick thing to do
[08-Jul-20 06:57 PM] WiFiWitch#6285
no one is doing anything
just observing
I liken it to birdwatching
[08-Jul-20 06:58 PM] Aureai#8851
My problem with these new sites that are emerging is that they exist because of either “hate” or just for being against something, while Derpi born from other ideals, I guess
[08-Jul-20 06:58 PM] WiFiWitch#6285
Just without feeding them
[08-Jul-20 06:58 PM] Raptorshy#6268
It’s definitely something that feels like it’s going to burn out by itself.
It is not very fruitful to create something out of spite
indeed
But that’s their choice and problem
[08-Jul-20 06:59 PM] Aureai#8851
And ironically two of these sites uses technology that Derpi staff built from zero
[08-Jul-20 06:59 PM] IAmADeliciousPotato#0598
Yeah Joey don’t worry I haven’t even made an account on there yet; I’m just speculating on how the two would mix (aka like oil and water)
[08-Jul-20 06:59 PM] wren#0114
[08-Jul-20 07:00 PM] Aureai#8851
Not that it’s wrong because that’s why the Philomena project exists now but it just feels off in a way given the context
Anonymous #5F71
@Officer Hotpants  
No, just Pencils, aka the guy from the Anon and Pie sisters comic posted on /mlp/, which was hated by Derpi users (because he was a dirty 4channer) but they still faved his images whenever they had asses, tits and that furry catgirl he added later because their junk always overrides their brains.

They can’t stop themselves from hating and mocking him despite their claims about them being such nice people who never did anything bad.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Officer Hotpants  
There’s a Pepe pony with a cutie mark,thats already more pony than the furry oc from someone’s fanfic.  
The rules have changed,though.  
This was not okay:  

But this is a couple years old, so it’s okay:
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
#8 Respect privacy
As noted above, this site allows a wide variety of content, and some people may not necessarily wish for their names to be publicly associated with such content. Derpibooru takes privacy extremely seriously, and attempting to breach one’s privacy is strictly prohibited.
If you are aware of an artist or member using multiple names/aliases to keep content separate (such as clean vs sexual content), or using an alternative name as to not be identified, do not call them out or publicly highlight such a fact. 
Do not share private or personal information about a third party, such as personal contact information, private messages, off site conversations, and other information that they may not want publicly known, without their permission. 

Yeah, that one’s a mystery.
Adán Druego
Artist -

@Zaknel  
Wow, I just read through most of that page. I know it’s nine days later but still. So, tsp just reads or hears “4chan” and he goes ballistic? What a warped individual.

Cirrus Light made a good argument against alienating others. And what did tsp do? Exactly what Cirrus Light was advising him not to do.

Cirrus Light warned that history would repeat itself if nothing was learnt this time around. Everyone is supposed to know that honestly. Maybe tsp is just incapable of learning, anything. Arrogance and narcissism are fatal faults.

Just as s side note, I thought that exchange was concerning recent drama, but it’s from three years ago! History certainly is repeating itself yet again.
GasMaskGuy98
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Breathing Easy)

I AM NOT YOUR MUMMY
My ban history.  
full  
That was because of several comments I made on that image exposing Black Lies Matter. Touched a nerve, didn’t I?
One of those comments was almost verbatim from one made on the Pro-Censorship side, which still goes undeleted. And this was the “gif” in question; the tags don’t imply anything nefarious (it’s not viewable by default because of the seizure warning tag). I meant it as an edgy joke, but they saw that reaction image and automatically assigned malicious intent. Again, there are numerous undeleted comments using this “gif” as a reply. When I brought up the arbitrariness of the situation, I was told to stop using whataboutism. Right.

My account was created 3 years ago, but it was only relatively recently that I started using the site with any regularity. Ergo, I was and still am relatively new. So if I see a comment that goes undeleted for some time, then it stands to reason that I’d think making a similar comment wouldn’t be a trangression, let alone one serious enough to warrant a ban. But apparently it is when moi is involved.

If they thought the ban was legitimate, they wouldn’t need to go out of their way to justify it by updating it to include Rule #6 the very second I was calling shit out.

Also, fuck this guy.  
Just because you advocate “freedom of speech” doesn’t mean you have to agree with what’s being said. And I didn’t even threaten anyone. Idiot.
Rule #0/6 - Reposting racist images that we had previously deleted, and yet again trying to debate site moderation outside of the Site & Policy forum.
{sigh} And derpibooru mods wonder why I keep roasting them?

But no. I was banned for posting spoilered screenshots of racist shitposts made by Anonymous Coward #6BAE (that white supremacist BP who keeps shitting up the site). At the behest of another user, mind you.

And I very much doubt the outcome would’ve been different if the only thing I did was sent them a PM (which I did in addition to my post). Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but according to the Site Rules, that alone would have been a transgression in violation of Rule #0.  
This rule applies to all images, comments, forum posts, and private messages along with all other interactions you may make on this website.”
With this in mind, I’d imagine they’d delete the PM I sent as well. Maybe I should’ve done nothing.
After my ban, the “Nazi” came back posting about a Newsweek article complete with their usual openly racist statements. I was still able to post as Background Pony #4EA6 for some reason, so I called them out on their use of Newsweek as a source. As an aside, I stated that it was odd that I could still post as anon. Then I said the following verbatim:  
If this isn’t intentional, next time make sure whoever’s on the receiving end of the ban hammer is down and out.
Needless to say, they delivered. And yeah, I made it very clear that it was me posting.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. Just thought I’d share the fact that I’ve been subjected to a few iniquities. And sorry in advance if anything in this post violates Site Rules.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
@GasMaskGuy98  
Pfft. Gotta love mods punishing you for their fuck-up. Also I’d love to know how one is supposed to know that an image has previously been deleted since it’s, you know, NOT AROUND ANYMORE.
Zaknel
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Ezekiel 33:11
@Background Pony #DBB7
>- Ad and tracker free, good data protection
not at all. Derpibooru stores users IP addresses forever when some content is posted, does not care to ask for tracking cookie permission, stores fingerprints for each website request for years, ignores GDPR / CCPA / LGPD, and does not comply to tons of other legal requirements like mentioning the legal mail address of the owner or a contact address.
Anyone stating that Derpibooru has “good data protection” either is a liar or does not know what they are talking about. Regarding security, Philomena is a nightmare - all of the app server code has access to everything - there is no effective database access control / restriction, the code is not split into different services which then should be running in different sandboxed and limited containers.
Derpibooru is also not ad-free, instead it is partially financed by the advertisements which you can see on most pages.
Derpibooru is also not tracker-free - by design Cloudflare tracks the users to be able to offer the ddos protection services as well as other services which Cloudflare or partner companies offer. That is not really a problem, but it shows that your statement was wrong.
Other social media websites at least try to comply to some of the legal requirements in the countries where the websites are hosted.
Let’s hope this post doesn’t violate rule #n or #0 for whatever arbitrary reason…

I will hopefully feel better tomorrow.
Officer Hotpants

Double-0 Negative
I got banned for distilling the situation with the Titanic/Milky Way image down into a single, simple post. Pointing out that Ciaran was telling us that there were secret exceptions to the rules that we weren’t allowed to know, and that that was the polar opposite of transparent moderation, was apparently a rule 0 violation severe enough to warrant a 3 day ban. But then what isn’t a rule 0 violation?

@Zaknel  
I think you borked your links. They don’t go anywhere.
GasMaskGuy98
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Breathing Easy)

I AM NOT YOUR MUMMY
@Dex Stewart  
No thinking allowed over there,I guess.  
You are preaching to the choir. And, uh, thanks.

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
I was banned for defending someone.  
Care to elaborate, or…?

@Officer Hotpants  
Pfft. Gotta love mods punishing you for their fuck-up  
Oh, it gets better. This was the thread where I posted those screenshots.  
full  
Derpy Whooves’ response?  
full  
Considering that there are over a dozen and a half currently available “volunteer fans” on TSP’s 27 Dedicated Shit-Stirrers list, that really isn’t the hard checkmate counterargument he seems to think it is. I understand that mods have lives outside of a cartoon horse image board like the rest of us. Still, I find it… pitiful.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide