Derpibooru Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Relief Thread

ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Ghibelline Omnipotens
A short while after this started, I gave up on Derpi and started looking for alternatives, so I wasn’t around for some parts of the drama. I’ve always been kind of wondering, what’s the story with Raptorshy? I remember a lot of ‘thank you raptorshy’ art coming out at the time, and then soon after they were in the bad books, being lumped in with Ciaran, Dilarus and Woot.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@Adan Druego  
God. He’s more desperate for one more whiff of the fumes of relevancy than Alec Baldwin was, and Alec god damn murdered someone just to get back in the limelight. Also was that his attempt at a threat? “You know you could save yourself the trouble of having to deal with us shitting up your site if you’d just cave to our demands.”
Anonymous #428A
@ANoobis  
iirc Raptor wanted to make some changes the rest of the staff weren’t fond of, got upset they weren’t pushed through and ran back to derpi under a different alias.  
@Adan Druego  
In woot’s circle, you either constantly find or revive things to bitch about, or your “friends” start targeting you instead.
Adán Druego
Artist -

@Officer Hotpants  
It’s the logic behind criminal behavior.

You wouldn’t have gotten hurt/killed if you’d just have given me what I wanted. You made me do this. I never wanted this. Why couldn’t you have just listened!

@Anonymous #428A  
Dog-eat-dog world.

Leftist-cancel-leftist social media platform.
Seiken
Artist -

Wootmaster is the poster child of whats wrong with the community. Person who’s only interest is in seeing evil where there is none and ride the wave of glory when he attacks other people over his imaginery demons. Dude needs to stop vaping his own farts.

Black sheep of the community.
NorthyDreams
Artist -

Prince of Monsters
@Adan Druego  
…I do believe it defeats the point to allow yourself to treat those people subhuman. Remember, doing what’s right means doing what’s right by everyone, even if you despise them and hate what they stand for. The old rules apply to everyone, even those that don’t follow them. Reject their ideas, but treat them as people. I don’t think I read your response carefully enough on first pass.
Adán Druego
Artist -

@NorthyDreams  
Okay, I can agree with that. Take the moral high ground and don’t lower yourself to their level. Rise above, teach and lead by example.

I was just saying that if someone’s nice, people tend to like them, but if someone’s a jerk, people tend to dislike them.
NorthyDreams
Artist -

Prince of Monsters
@Adan Druego  
Of course, I was just making my position as clear as I could. I apologize if that came off combative, that wasn’t the intention. Thanks for the civility.

I’m very rigid and strict in my belief in how we did things. I watched it work wonders and I was remade from someone quite different into who I am today by the belief in the good we did and the way we worked together. I lament, daily, how far we’ve fallen from those old ideals that we believed in as a community.

Anywhere I can foster even a bit of the old spirit I try. It wasn’t a joke, it wasn’t a shield, it was what we believed in, truly.
Anonymous #A99E
@NorthyDreams  
I say no, because they will not have learned anything and will do the same as they did to Derpi. If there is a massive exodus and they come here. They should be looked at with the ire they gave to many and if they cause one problem be removed from the site. Permanently.
NorthyDreams
Artist -

Prince of Monsters
@Anonymous #A99E  
By all means, if they break the rules, ban them.  
But if you do not apply the rules evenly to them as you would any other – then you have failed.  
You will have proven yourself no better than them. No matter what you’re trying to achieve.

Remember: Tolerance =/= Uncritical Acceptance.

The paradox of tolerance they like to tout is a fallacious message, built on the false equivocation of these two things.
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

I know NOTHING
“@NorthyDreams”:/forums/dis/topics/derpibooru-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-relief-thread?post_id=62534#post_62534  
But if you do not apply the rules evenly to them as you would any other — then you have failed.
You will have proven yourself no better than them. No matter what you’re trying to achieve.

I understand the association some have with the moral high ground to acquiescence and surrender, considering certain factions that would be better mention in the politics thread, but I agree. The main problem that so many have with this morality it’s sheer arbitrariness and is it’s inability to adhere to a standard, to self examine, and to take criticism. I get why one would want to be hyperagressive against it but to blindly attack and play dirty while pleading and whining at the same time how unfair and mean they is a double edge sword that both discredits you and can be used against you.

Remember: Tolerance =/= Uncritical Acceptance.

100% this. Being morally coherent wins more “converts” (not to put too radical a wording for internet pony politics) in the long haul and allows you more leeway when you do have to take aggressive action.

@Zaknel  
100% This as well.
Barhandar
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@NorthyDreams  
Ironically, “paradox of tolerance they tout” is another projection on the wokes’ part, because it says to not tolerate THEM.  
More accurately, the paradox can be summarized as “asymmetrical tolerance ends up becoming intolerance”. If you tolerate someone who doesn’t tolerate you (e.g. lefties tolerating muslims, you tolerating the “y’all nazis and must be murdered in the streets”, et cetera), you fail.  
P.S. The paradox is how literal nazis are born, by the way. People tolerate too much, become pissed, clever haters exploit the justified hate and fighting against the oppression to magnify it, boom.

@Anonymous #A99E  
Thanks you for demonstrating the paradox in action, by the way. Whether they subsume the culture here as you fear, or staff act like you want (from revanchism/attempt to act ahead), the site would become intolerant.

And yeah, if someone breaks rules, don’t fucking waffle around, ban them. Similarly, if someone isn’t breaking rules, don’t try finding ways to ban them just because you dislike them. And if you write “being disliked by staff is bannable offense” into the rules, you’re literally derpicretin.
Anonymous #A99E
@Zaknel  
The artwork is not that good and the biggest problem is just labeling ever character with “Trans pride” is does sound like a Nazi takeover where everything is apart of “The riche”. If they knew about calling people bigots the Nazi’s might have won WWII.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide