Big Bad Politics!

Anonymous #F306
Synod of the Alexandrian Patriarchate severed relations with the Russian Orthodox Church. How could they not? ROC is a fascist imperialist communist shit.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@Anonymous #F306
Oh no, Jew on Jew violence! I mean, Christian on Christian violence! Big difference there, I am told.
Whatever will Russia do without the rest of the church that already lost Byzantium?
Posted Report
Adán Druego
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Hey, I just realized. Has anyone seen or heard from Kamala?
Okay, admittedly she could literally have been on ever news station and I still wouldn’t have known.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
The side someone picks in the Skyrim Civil War says more about them than anyone wants to believe.
Empire: Literal puppets of elves trying to ensure compliance with their terms of surrender.
Stormcloaks: Heroic warriors fighting for their people and their culture against an illegitimate government that repeatedly betrayed them.
All the simps that whinge about “they’re being mean to the dark elves that flooded Nord cities after their slaves rebelled” are the types to have Ukroshit flags and pronouns in their Twitter bios.
FeatherTrap
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@ponypony221
I literally pick the side based on whether I’m physically closer to Solitude or Windhelm at the time I feel like grinding out that questline. There’s so little fucking substance to it, Skyrim simps are fucking delusional to think the “choice” means anything other then whether you want cities to be painted red or blue.
Posted Report
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@Amagan
The point I am making is that there are a myriad of reasons that someone can make the Imperial/Stormcloak choice in Skyrim:
Their choice could be made based upon the decision their character would make from his/her own morals and biases, we tend to call this “roleplaying”. They could instead make the choice based on who they want as Jarl in each region, since almost every ruler in the start of the game (except mah boi Balgruuf the Ballin’) is some flavour of corrupt, incompetent or just plain stupid. Perhaps they’re just after the quest rewards, or just have a preference for which coloured sticker they want around the game world.
The idea that “Your Civil War choice says more about you then anyone wants to believe” is the same school of mouthbreathing nonsense that one hears from the deranged dumbfucks on Twitter who think that being sorted into Slytherin on your Pottermore test or joining the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 4 is scientific proof you’re a fascist.
The personal is not-in fact-political folks. People often make choices in their private lives that seem at odds with their stated political preferences and policy opinions because there is an important distinction between public and private life.
This is especially true when the choices in question are fictional, in your escapist entertainment.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@ponypony221
Someone playing as a Thalmor supporter would ignore the questline entirely, since the whole point of that plot is that they’re keeping the war going for as long as they can to cause the maximum amount of chaos to the region and weakening their enemies by having them fight each other.
I’m sorry that the political situation in Tamriel in 4E 201 doesn’t neatly fit in with your obsessive need to bitch about NATO and Ukraine constantly, but just because the media is full of old men screaming about Russia and Twatter filled with pronouns of every flavour shouting how they stand with Ukraine harder then everyone else, that doesn’t prevent the opposite opinion from being just as obnoxious. Especially when it’s so prevailingly repeated with a similar level of sophistry and petty vulgarities, I’m sure you thought “Ukroshit” meant far more then “Nazi” but to me it’s just two camps of idiots shitting their diapers and flinging them at each other.
Must really suck to be a civilian in both Russia and Ukraine right now. Your government throws you into a meat-grinder as fodder for their own self-aggrandizing political ambitions, and all the rest of the world does is bellow on the sidelines about how proud they are for being for/against one of your sides. >.<
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@IvanSatoru
On the contrary, they say exactly as much about me as I think.
Mainly that I’m sick of idiots who feel the need to drag their obsession over this war into everything.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@FeatherTrap
Talk about projection.
I’m not Russian and have never been to Russia, or even Europe. I wouldn’t want to be Russian. I don’t even like Russia and their retarded Jew-worshiping state Christianity, but if we’re talking about that war now, I think they’re the better side than a literal Jewish comedian CIA asset.
I never said a single word about Russia or Ukraine in the post you’re pretending to respond to, nor was I intending to associate the Skyrim civil war with the Ukraine war. If I was, my analogy would make no sense. Is the Empire Russia, then? Doesn’t that fly in the face of me supposedly being a Russian? I can’t see the Stormcloaks being Russia if Skyrim is supposed to be Ukraine.
You’re in a politics thread deciding that any politics you see is about a war, then complaining everyone is talking about that war. I think it was clear I was comparing it to the state of affairs in America and the EU. If you still don’t get it,
Empire = America/EU/NATO
Thalmor = Jews/Christcucks/Western Big Biz
Stormcloaks = Whatever group or locality that doesn’t like being part of said empire anymore
If you’re going to make me talk about Ukraine in TES, they’re the fucking Direnni n’wahs.
EDIT: I did say ONE word about Ukraine, but it was mocking liberals in general, unless you think pronouns also have something to do with Russia now.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@ponypony221
Don’t see why I would, it’s not really relevant to the conversation to-
Oh wait, I see what you mean.
I really don’t know what to say to this other then you did acknowledge that you referenced it, so considering how much you go on about this subject in this thread it was a reasonable assumption to make in context. As for “making” you talk about Ukraine, I’m not emotionally invested in that conversation. My mother alone has already done enough to numb me to the subject, much less the constant media coverage and idiots screaming at each other online. At this point I just a truce to be called, or failing that one side to win so I don’t have to hear about this anymore.
As if yelling at me until I care is actually going to do anything about it.
The actual reason people keep doing this is that no-one wants to acknowledge the fact that globalisation and reliance upon foreign trade routes has created an awkward situation where no-one wants to actually take proactive steps towards solving any injustices or prevent atrocities because doing so might prevent the newest goods from making it to the shelves on time. So instead we get this inauthentic situation where everyone wants to be the one who screeches loudest about how horrible it is but not enough that any practical action is taken.
That the analogy makes no sense was my point, I don’t understand why you feel the need to ask me how I map the relevant factions onto the fictional counterparts when I was the one who said that they don’t. Seems bizarre to me.
I wasn’t the one who claimed that there was something to infer about people from the Stormcloak/Empire civil war remember? That was you.
The overall point of this whole thing was that the comment I responded to in the first place was absolutely dripping with the same kind of energy from the “personal-is-political” pronouns I see on Twatter going off about choices people make in video games.
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@FeatherTrap
I am beginning to think you have some reading comprehension issues. Maybe you would prefer to attack a straw man rather than what I actually said? You keep responding directly to things I never said. Let’s see.
I made a post that had nothing to do with Ukraine beyond mocking people on Twitter for putting up Ukranian flags (which I will point out, would be on your side about people always bringing up Ukraine), but you responded complaining I am talking about Ukraine.
I am not from Russia and never implied I was, but you mocked me for being Russian.
Now you’re complaining about globalization and I suppose its relevance to Ukraine, which again, has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said.
I never asked you to “map” factions. I explained to you the meaning of my original post and you still don’t seem to understand it. I’ll try again, a little. I was talking about the people who take the Skyrim Civil War as a moral decision and claim their side is the right one. I’m not talking about someone playing as an Imperial and joining them Empire because duh, an Imperial would do that. I’m not taking about people who just don’t care and join a faction because Romans are cool or Vikings are cool and have no idea what game they’re even playing. I’m talking about people assessing the situation as presented in the story and that THOSE assessments say more about people than they want to believe.
It would be ridiculous to suggest that simply playing a faction in a video game without knowing or caring what it stands for would be a political statement. I didn’t think I needed to make it clear that isn’t what I meant, but since I already did once and it still hasn’t gotten through, I guess it wouldn’t have helped.
And I am just going to say it, even if I was talking about Ukraine, you came to the politics thread to whinge about people talking about the biggest political topic of the last several years. Get over yourself.
As far as I care, this discussion is over, unless anyone wants to debate what I actually said in my original post.
FeatherTrap
Artist -

Knight of Boops
@ponypony221
I’m starting to think the projection and reading comprehension isn’t coming from where you think it is.
When the actual fuck did I say that? I am genuinely re-reading my post to try and ascertain where I said you where Russian and I don’t think I can find it. Are you referring to the point where I made a general statement saying it must suck to be someone in Russia or Ukraine right now?
Because if it’s not that, I genuinely have no idea where you got that from. I think you’re just far more emotionally invested in this then I am.
Well, it relates because now you’re yelling at me for reasons I don’t really care about and I’m trying to clarify why I don’t care. If you don’t want to hear it then I don’t mind stopping, like I said I’m very apathetic to this whole line of discussion.
That is in fact, not what you said. What you said was:
The side someone picks in the Skyrim Civil War says more about them than anyone wants to believe.
Empire: Literal puppets of elves trying to ensure compliance with their terms of surrender.
Stormcloaks: Heroic warriors fighting for their people and their culture against an illegitimate government that repeatedly betrayed them.
All the simps that whinge about “they’re being mean to the dark elves that flooded Nord cities after their slaves rebelled” are the types to have Ukroshit flags and pronouns in their Twitter bios.
You start off with an absolutist statement about how this choice infers something about the ethics/morals about the player, there is no qualifier about specific groups of people. If you said:
“Boasting about what side you pick in the Skyrim Civil War says more about you then anyone wants to believe”
…you’d still be objectively wrong but this would be a more accurate reflection of what you claim to have said. If this clarifier was in there I wouldn’t have had as much of an issue with the OP, as it stands it’s dripping with the same energy as the “only Nazis are sorted into Slytherin” cold takes.
You then give a highly biased view of both sides, reflecting only the negative aspects about the Empire and the heroic narrative of the Stormcloaks. If I cared about Skyrim I might have tried to argue that more but…I don’t, that game is overrated trash and only good for modding the heck out of it.
And then you separately make a concluding statement about “Ukroshit flags and pronouns in their bios” reflecting a certain infamous kind of Twatter user. And while I agree it’s amusing how many people whine about the Dark Elves for Skyrim being an oppressed minority when they have a long history of racial supremacy and enslavement of other races (especially the one with major centre-american and minor indian-american influences), the invocation of that term correlates to a history of posts you’ve made on this thread in recent memory where you discuss the Ukraine-Russia war at length.
Since you didn’t actually say what you clearly thought you said in the first line, I’m not sure what I was supposed to read into this but taking another stab at the topic, especially since both involve a war over disputed ownership of territory. Next time, be more clear with your intent when typing.
IvanSatoru
Artist -

Angle-Considerer
@ponypony221
I just want to clarify that Jesus isn’t jewish, and neither was he ever at any point in time. I understand the confusion however, because jews say all the time that Jesus was jewish, and you believe what jews (whom you believe should not be trusted) say about the one person they hate the most.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@IvanSatoru
I think we already had that discussion and I’m not touching the hot mess of trying to convince someone that their worship of a Jewish god is anti-white and an affront to their ancestors again for the fun of it.
If you’re wondering, yes, I am perfectly fine with no one liking me and not liking anyone.
Anonymous #372F
We never progressed away from tribalism. Political parties, continents, nations, states and provinces, even down to single cities or neighborhoods. All tribes.
Posted Report
Anonymous #EFA4
@Anonymous #372F
Is just people behaving like common animals.
Imagine being granted the unique capacities humans have above all other petty living beings who are almost entirely driven on raw foolish natural instincts, and then they still reject further progress, preferring to go back to the ignorant wild.
We are free to bond or reject whoever we want, but people are too stupid to discern who should stay with you and who sould be keep away.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide