Big Bad Politics!

IvanSatoru
Artist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Angle-Considerer
Some Martin Shkreli type got out of prison recently. Allegedly he jacked up the prices of some medicine or whatever, made a lot of money, and the government didn’t like that. He’s live here
TheBridge
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

I know NOTHING
@IvanSatoru  
He jacked up the price of a rare life saving drug and was very obnoxious about it. I imagine that his poor PR is what got him landed in jail more so then the Government just so happening to go after him for no reason. I mean, is Pfizer any better? They also even approved a generic version of the drug Plus he was a Trump supporter (I guess still is). Which is kind of funny considering Trump’s bad relations with most drug companies If my browser could support the livestream I might tune in as he has the chance to be a legit interesting figure after being through such a dogpiling. Though I am not sure how much sympathy I could feel for him if he is still unrepentant and defensive.
IvanSatoru
Artist -

Angle-Considerer
@TheBridge  
>is Pfizer any better  
That’s right! Everyone who controls that company still roams free and nothing ever happens to them. I don’t want to hear anything else about how this guy is literally Hitler. Based price jacker.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@IvanSatoru  
A small wolf who was just doing what the larger wolfs were already was doing and was scapegoated. Though he is still morally in the wrong and far from “based price jacker” with horrible conduct. I can’t judge him now till I see what he is saying though.
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@TheBridge  
He didn’t bribe enough, or bribed the wrong people. Besides, the problem is patents, not the price being charged. That is literally the reason patents exist.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
Martial law is extended to the end of August. 700,000 men have been conscripted into service and “one of only two Jews who runs a country” (so we’re not allowed to criticize him) is toying with the idea of revoking the citizenship of every man who left Ukraine and doesn’t come back to become meat shields.

As someone said, 700,000 men no more make an army than a pile of bricks makes a wall. Ukrainians are being sent to the slaughter to protect the ego of Voldomyr Alenski (he banned the letter Z).
Fleur de Lis
Artist -

déanaim seitreach
@UrbanMysticDee  
One thing I keep hearing from russian sources is that Poland is going to take back Lvov/Lviv/Lwów and maybe other regions not under russian control. Is this realistic, or is it just exaggeration of insignificant facts like Poland and Ukraine recognising special status for each others citizens, or even wishful thinking that Russia not have to manage the most anti-russian regions?
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@Fleur de Lis  
It sounds like insanity to me. There is no legal framework for that in the EU, which would need to approve it.

If Russia leaves any bits of Ukraine out of their control, they will be added to the EU as some kind of Ukraine exile government state.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Fleur de Lis  
I know that the Russians were said to have offered to partition the western part of Ukraine to Poland Though I have not studied that incident in depth and not sure how serious I should take it. I have seen discussion/concern of Poland being prepared to go into Ukraine on its own (don’t have the link right now and the talk was a couple of months ago at this point) and though Poland might not see it itself as a partition. Russian thinking might consider the other gestures between Poland and Ukraine to lead to that in effect especially so if by the end of this Ukraine loses it’s coastline and thus would be a heavily dependent on external allies for imports, Poland would be the country that is most positioned to be a life support machine for a hypothetical rump Ukraine.

@ponypony221  
Both sides have been fighting heavily and taking pretty heavy casualties in the current battle in the Donbass. Russia main encirclement efforts around Izyum and from the south of Ukraine were stalled Note so they switched to a what appears to be a successful breakthrough in Popasna, albeit a smaller opperation. This is not a slam dunk for either side and will be long, slow and painful and not result in the destruction of Ukraine completely (or Russia for that matter if Ukraine wins).

Note: I suspect that the Russians in the south might be waiting to be brought in later as the Ukrainian troops there are a bit more ad hoc formations with lots of the inexperienced conscripts and milta reports being from that area. Though with how many troops they have stuck in Izyum I have seen some reports of units being drained from that front to support the breakout of Popasna.

@UrbanMysticDee  
>Ukrainians are being sent to the slaughter to protect the ego of Voldomyr Alenski  
Ukraine is a country in total war and their society is as well. If he surrendered tomorrow, I am not sure that he would be coup’d by that point. Perhaps some sections of the Ukrainian military are demoralized and being sent into the meat grinder but of any place in the world right now taken by war fervor with citizens willing to fight it is Ukraine right now.
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
@TheBridge  
As soon as China lands on Taiwan, the heavy ordnance will begin to fall on Ukraine. WWIII already started and most people are wrongly convinced it is business as usual.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide