Big Bad Politics!

Anonymous #B82E
Russians take April Fools pranks too far

full

A country that totally isn’t at war and which’s economy is based entirely around producing gas and oil is now rationing fuel

full
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

I know NOTHING
@UrbanMysticDee  
Russia has said they were decreasing operations there Considering Russia’s bullish attitude going in, I absolutely believe they got a bit of a bloody nose. Too much footage of more advanced Russian vehicles that aren’t Ukrainian service (like certain brand new SAM systems, etc) for them to have had it easy or this Though I am skeptical of some Western narratives. In particular, I don’t buy Russian logistics being a complete mess but rather a lack of mass; not enough forces pledged to too many fronts. Russian army has always been a little clumsy and operationally stupid but also has a higher tolerance for conditions that a Western army would call a unacceptable failure and they can just continue limping along.
UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.

Bae > Bay
@Dex Stewart  
Soldiers fighting for a paycheck are not going to give their all compared to soldiers fighting for their home, and weekend warriors are going to put even less effort into fighting than career soldiers.
UrbanMysticDee

Bae > Bay
From twitter

full  
full

the official civilian death toll after the first 6-8 weeks of the US invasion of Iraq was more than 8,000 – due to “Shock and Awe.”
The civilian death toll in Ukraine is just over 1,000. It’s all hideous, but calls for WW3 require *sobriety.
Anonymous #6289
@UrbanMysticDee  
The official death toll was only accounted months after the events, impossible to account for early on. It will be months until the official death toll for the war in Ukraine can be begun to be composed, as it’s still an active war zone and tens of thousands are displaced or missing; all we see now are records of recovered corpses.
Officer Hotpants
Rabid Squirrel - Don't pet it.
A toast - Incredibly based
Officer Shid pants - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Double-0 Negative
@TeamBlueplant  
If they haven’t been keeping those things in a sterile environment (it’s the Russian military; they haven’t) then they’re going to be filthy with mold & bacteria. Not to mention they’ve probably physically degraded to the point of uselessness. The wounded might be better off tearing strips from their own uniforms.
TheBridge
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event

I know NOTHING
@Anonymous #E22F  
My goodness. Though I keep in mind the fog of war and fake propaganda from both ends of this, Some of this imagery is rather harrowing, to say the least. Though I am not sure I can reach for terms like genocide, it certainly seems like some bad stuff went down. This shouldn’t be surprising on some scale. I mean, if Russia openly on their own state media was talking about volunteers from Syria than no doubt they were having problems and probably throwing various auxiliaries for cannon fonder. I am surprised to see evidence of lots of purposeful civilian deaths around Kiev/Kyiv as that place I expected the Russians to be more careful and disciplined–they had been. They weren’t bombing the city like Kharkiv or outright leveling it like Mariupol. My thoughts were that there would be relatively few intentional killing of civilians in most areas outside of the Donbass, where Russia had send in the Chechens and the Ukrainians have the majority of their further right and less disciplined irregulars. These rows of bodies on the streets, people tied up apparently shot dead, and possible war rapes. Make me really worried about what some of the other fronts in this war most be like…

@UrbanMysticDee  
Agreed.

@UrbanMysticDee  
Agreed x10. World War III is not worth whatever imagery we are being assailed with on social media even if it is true, or partly true.

@Dex Stewart  
I think the Russians didn’t expect the fight they got. I am uncertain on them thinking they would just win without a fight but I can totally believe the Russians didn’t expect to fight a fully mobilized adversary. If you look at Ukraine’s past performance large parts of their army were totally inept, gave up, and often had a lot of sympathizers within their ranks (if I recall, a good chuck of Ukraine’s Marines just outright defected to Russia in 2014). Even if the Ukrainians had clearly improved, I think the Russians were still counting on large chunks of the Ukrainian Army to give up or become paralyzed and disorganized when command and control was knocked out, which never happened.
IvanSatoru
Artist -

Angle-Considerer
Azov bombed the theater.  
If you can believe that Putin is slaughtering his own people for no reason just like Assad gassed his own people for no reason then I should be allowed to believe that Putin rides bears as a hobby.
Anonymous #6289
@IvanSatoru  
You might find that Putin is killing Ukrainians, which contrary to your nazionalist beliefs are their own people and not property of Russia or Putin.

And speaking of Russians massacring civilians in theatres, it’s not like there isn’t ample history of considering civilian lives expendable over losing face.

Next up in Russian Zombie news, Azov legion somehow teleported themselves from Mariupol (where they’re busy bombing their own people) to set up mass graves and kill hundreds of civilians in the outskirts of Kyiv, all in under 24 hours. You’d think with how talented they were at appearing at every convenient location and killing hundreds at a time the war would already be over!
Interested in advertising on Ponybooru? Click here for information!
Learn how to advertise on ponybooru, free options are availble.

Ponybooru ain't free mate - help support us financially!

ETH: 0xC41132ad4627FBfBd0d1712A27B268a06278eE50 | BTC: bc1qeyw3e72pcylque89r2940hhfzrz339kxuvruun
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide