Big Bad Politics! (For Brits)

UrbanMysticDee
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Bae > Bay
In Britainstan you need at least 2 GCSE’s in order to qualify as a politician, guv’na.

Also, butter knives are illegal because they’re deadly weapons but you can buy razor sharp “meat claws” that can be used as knuckledusters on every street corner, because reasons.

full

full
ANoobis
A toast - Incredibly based
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Book Horse - A user who has contributed to 5k+ metadata changes.

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@UrbanMysticDee  
That reminds me of how schizophrenic they were about censorship in the 80s. The British government was on a moral crusade against violence, and they focused on censoring individual items that caught their eye, rather than take a holistic approach. Since the word “ninja” was judged inherently violent, TMNT had to be called the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Nunchaku were also deemed violent, though swords and sais weren’t, so the cartoon and the first two movies were chopped to pieces to eliminate any footage of Michelangelo in action. Headbutting and other “imitatable acts” are also censored.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
@Havoc  
To be fair, a lot of people either don’t or refuse to understand that even now. A bunch of olds in the House of Lords who were scared of the word ‘ninja’ probably don’t know anything about this stuff.
Dertsa
Artist -

@Havoc  
it’s because of how they are used in the show, they probably thought kids would reenact scenes of Michelangelo using them and hurt themselves
RavenandWritingDesk

Americans need to understand that the UK is still ruled by clueless, inbred nobility and while it may have the illusions of democracy, the only choices all come from the same Hogwarts for upper class nonces: Eton.

Case an point Boris Johnson Alexander de Piffle The current PM is a descendant of a Bavarian-German noble dynasty, but he messes up his hair and goes under a working class fake name and the slack jawed morons of the general public eat it up.
ANoobis

Ghibelline Omnipotens
There’s a law still on the books that dictates that any whale or sturgeon that beaches within the Commonwealth has to be given to the queen.
TheBridge
Boot badge - It's Bootiful

I know NOTHING
I post this with the disclaimer that I have no idea on the political leaning of the person who made this and what her ulterior interests might be. Still, this is the kind of thing that scares me with possible Big Tech regulation and why I don’t favor much other than a possible break up (and age gating for children is a potentially good idea Just it would be better to segment them off the mainstream internet over sanitizing the rest of it). The hyperbolic points I would consider on the threat this poses to the rest of the world. Britain may claim jurisdiction but in reality a lot of websites will probably get away ignoring it or just outright block British users.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide