Anonpone.com mlp CYOA archive

TheBathWaterHero
Artist -

Menace with a hose
Not sure if any of you care or really know about it but the site that archived all of the /mlp/ CYOAs is dead and it looks like it’s forever. The owner of the site AMM recently tried to overhaul the site and fix a bunch of issues that had cropped up over the years but after trying to correct some mistakes it looks like it busted the site beyond repair.  
The CYOA community is probably what kept me making pony content this long and I’ve been running quests that have been archived on Anonpone since 2015.  
At this point there’s still a capture on the internet archive for 2020 but with the way things are going I don’t think it will last. Currently there are no really good solutions for scraping the content that caters to CYOAs/Quests.

Also not sure where to host old CYOA content after scraping it. There are a lot of pictures and text that go together and I’m not sure what would be a good solution for backing it up for people to read through in the future due to it all being originally formatted for 4chan. The uploads of Colt Quest to Derpi are one example of a back-up being done in the past but it is a clunky and flawed way to do it and above all, time consuming.

I will mirror this post on Derpi since I’m trying to get eyes on the situation. I’ve personally been involved in pony CYOAs since 2015 and it breaks my heart to see all of these stories and artwork beget lost to time.
Posted Report
ponypony221
Chatty Kirin -

Excessively based homo
I am not familiar with this genre of content, at least this specific kind. I am with the idea in more general terms.

One suggestion that comes to mind is to figure out how to get it onto Archive of Our Own. I have seen CYOA implemented there with chapter links. It’s possible the people that run the site could help you, as they have helped with imports from other fanfiction sites that went down. You might want to contact them and ask. If they can’t help, they might be able to direct you somewhere that can.

Specifically, look here: https://opendoors.transformativeworks.org/en/
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide