What's with all the downvotes?

Barhandar
Fried Chicken - Attended an april fools event
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained (Cheeky Breeky)

@Dex Stewart  
Humanized + generic hilariously-not-diverse-in-any-way “headcanon” of islamashy + tumblrblush that is a smear across entire face and nose + (for people who actually looked at it) wrong eye color.  
@Acres  
Same happens with any other low-quality mouthpiece, and especially mouthpiece edits. The users are fine - despite attempts by SJWs to huff and puff and appear larger, they’re the minority and can only become majority by driving everyone else away with their toxicity. (and then they realize they don’t want to live in their own filth, but also don’t want or outright can’t clean up and hence move to foul some other place up).

It’s primitivist, in a way. After all, hunter-gatherers and early farmers operated (slash and burn agriculture, and in some idiot countries, operate - but without the mandatory half a century to let the plants regrow) in same way, living in one place until local resources are depleted, then moving elsewhere.  
Too bad it’s only sustainable with extremely small populations.
Tolpain
U Lil Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.
Artist -
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

full
751 downvotes. I think it has to do with Pan’s belly being too big. It’s totally unrealistic for the size of the baby.
(also this is considered safe on DB)

bruh
TwilightShitlord

Bad Dude
@Acres  
50% people who think it is sarcastic 50% people who think it isn’t sarcastic.

@Acres  
I love this kind of art, it reminds me of myspace. Better days, before Faceberg.

@Acres  
I wouldn’t downvote it, but I did laugh at it.
Adán Druego
A toast - Incredibly based
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Artist -

@Anonymous #547D  
Because they aren’t ever as tolerant and fair as they like to claim. Anything they don’t like or simply don’t understand causes them to act like rabid baboons. The derpibooru staff are basically mentally handicapped apes, which is why they’ve sided with blm and antifa.

Birds of a feather flock together.
Sapphie
Rampant Bear - A courageous companion
Autist -
Lil Importer Shid - Hi, Im a lil shid.

Senior Moderator
Unavailable
@Dex Stewart  
In theory, upvotes and downvotes are mostly there to be user-driven curation. Low-quality content should get downvoted, while high quality content should get upvoted. Unfortunately, people use them as likes/dislikes. Oh well, can’t really blame them, or enforce it.
Dex Stewart
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Sapphie  
People got mad when I downvoted some of those bad foot fetish edit pics, so I just ignore what I dont like.  
I guess some people still get mad for certain things being downvoted.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full  
I found an artist on Deviantart, Erikschroth. He did some cool pony art.  
I upload to derpi and it immediately gets a bunch of downvotes. Dafuq? This looks cool! I mean, I get people downvoting these:  
fullfull  
They have Thomas characters and that equals bad for some reason.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Dex Stewart  
I think this artist hasn’t fully developed a style that doesn’t feel of a child-like amateurism and that itself can be a turn off. Seeing a mix of minecraft and such characters and it doesn’t surprise me that this would draw some downvotes… though I would be curious how much they get, as usually amateurism I just see getting ignored. A glance of the thomas the tank engine tag and I can certainly see a cringe factor would be applied by default by many people.

Not something I’d upvote but I will admit the artist is a bit more advanced then I would think many downvoting would give credit. Considering that the artist is trying to use two styles for characters and backgrounds, one lineless and perhaps (vector?) tablet drawn. I imagine they both are tablet drawn but I am not 100% on that as the backgrounds look rather flat symmetrical. The strongest I see here is the Henry x Fluttershy romantic pairing as, while primitive, a lot more effort was put into the background.

tl;dr: I think this still looks rather… child cringe (no offence, I mean, freaking pony fandom is itself that) for my taste but I do agree the artist has a little something going beyound what others would probably give it and could probably work it into a interesting style. I wouldn’t downvote it either.
TheBridge

I know NOTHING
@Anonymous #89C5  
Okay, that is cool. How did you do those textures in the back of that Henry x Fluttershy pic? Honestly, you might want to consider looking into emulating story book styles (I guess a lot of which is derived from “naive” art?) as a source of inspiration.
equinox

goodbye forever
You could see my poor picture I decided to post on Derpibooru. I asked two times to delete it because of downvoting flood without a reason. I put many effort to draw it. It wasn’t gore or anything nasty. I can’t believe people can be such swines.  
I used to be a positive voter and used to give tips and cheering the artists. But well, karma seems to be b* sometimes. Not like it? Ignore it, but no, they have to show their hate and how powerful they are by spitting on someones hard work.  
I remember I had ban there because I was at war with some mods, so it could be some nasty trick used.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide