Ask an Artist

Art Chat » Ask an Artist Search Posts
Ponkus
Artist -

Ultimate Ponk Lover
Hi I’m Ponk and I like to draw! If you have any questions feel free to ask me them :)

The program I use to draw all my art is Ibis Paint. It’s an app on my phone, so I mainly use my finger to draw! Most of my art starts out as a traditional sketch (Paper and pencil) and then I import a picture of my sketch into my drawing app to digitalize it.

I used to be a traditional artist only because I don’t have access to a computer that can run any sort of art program, but when I found that drawing app and steadily learned how to use it I switched over to full time digital artist! I’ve actually been thinking of selling my sketchbooks as they fill up with all my sketches, but I dunno how to even begin to do that so it’s on the back burner for now.

If you’re an artist too; What program do you use? How did you start drawing? When did you start drawing ponies? What’s your favorite thing to draw?

Edit: I just remembered that the first actual drawing program I used was a vector art program called “Inkscape”, but that was back when I was a teenager living at my parents’ house =P
IvanSatoru
Artist -
Chatty Kirin - A user who has reached a combined 1000 forum posts or comments.
Boot badge - It's Bootiful
Liberty Belle - Sings the song of the unchained

Angle-Considerer
Hi, I’m Ivan (also Sodanium). I use pencil and paper almost exclusively. I don’t use software for general drawing purposes because I don’t have a tablet and all free phone apps have annoying ads and restrictions and I refuse to spend a single cent on software. I’ve already filled two sketchbooks that I built myself and working on the third one which I bought from the store (the paper is nicer and thicker than the copy paper I’ve used in the past). I started drawing by copying art from Sonic the Hedgehog comic books and started drawing ponies around 2013 or 2014, I think. I think my favorite thing to draw is characters, and I realize that’s a very broad area.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide